GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pah, Jobs!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/05/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well, it's beginning to dawn on me that I'm in need of a job. And, as is pretty much always the case, me wants one now - I won't wait another 3 months for my "Sweet Sixteen". So here I am, 15 (obviously), and looking for a job. Now, it's not the best time, what with GCSE's an' all, but even so.

One problem...

I don't have the first clue about getting one. Obviously, I have no qualifications or experience (blah), and so I'm happy with £5 an hour or whatever Labour decides the minumum wage is.

Any suggestions about how to go about it? Should I just go into shops and ask if there is a job availble?

Cheers - I really need the money...
Wed 04/05/05 at 20:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Go to a chain like Tesco. The work is crap but because it's a big corperation they pay quite well for no experience menial work.
Wed 04/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Coin blathered:
>have no qualifications or experience, and so I'm happy with £5 an
>hour or whatever Labour decides the minumum wage is.

Haha, you'll be lucky to get half that busting your balls stacking shelves for Mr Khan down the cornershop.
Wed 04/05/05 at 20:00
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Hoju wrote:
> Yes you do. I'm thirteen. I've got a job and I still don't have
> enough dough for the stuff I need.
>
> Don't be stupid.
>
> You don't 'need' a job because you don't 'need' the stuff you
> 'want'.
>
> I'm 17 and I don't have a job.

yes you're right I don't need clothes.
Wed 04/05/05 at 19:48
Regular
"0228"
To be honest I buy very little. I'm not the sort of person that buys loads of new clothes, I download most music and/or films, and lately I've been winning games via GAD. I just don't need that much.
Regular
"bot"
Hoju wrote:
> Yes you do. I'm thirteen. I've got a job and I still don't have
> enough dough for the stuff I need.

Don't be stupid.

You don't 'need' a job because you don't 'need' the stuff you 'want'.

I'm 17 and I don't have a job.
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Most places want you to be 16, I tried getting a job at 15 but no one wants to know. There are certain laws ragarding how many hours and what times you can work until you are 16.

The only place I know for a fact will hire you are Sainsburys. I used to work there (not when I was under 16 though) and they always had a 'Milk and Cookie crew'. I'm not sure how many hours you can work but you can't work after 7pm on a weekday and had to have more breaks than any of the older members. You cannot work on tills tho so basically it will be shelf stacking.

So just go and ask supermarkets if they are hiring any under-16's. Or else you can get a paper round. I reckon you should wait until after your GCSE's to get a job.
Wed 04/05/05 at 19:47
Regular
Hoju wrote:
> Yes you do.

Ye..no
Wed 04/05/05 at 19:46
Regular
JFH wrote:
> At 15 you don't need a job.

Yes you do. I'm thirteen. I've got a job and I still don't have enough dough for the stuff I need.
Wed 04/05/05 at 19:45
Regular
Is there even a minimum wage for under 16s?
And the 16-18 minimum is about £3 or something.

Cheers!
Wed 04/05/05 at 19:42
"period drama"
Ahaha, good luck getting £5/ hour at 15.

Just go asking around every single place ever invented.
Supermarkets will hire anyone, and you'll have a job, but resent them for being utterly rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.