GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pah, Jobs!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/05/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well, it's beginning to dawn on me that I'm in need of a job. And, as is pretty much always the case, me wants one now - I won't wait another 3 months for my "Sweet Sixteen". So here I am, 15 (obviously), and looking for a job. Now, it's not the best time, what with GCSE's an' all, but even so.

One problem...

I don't have the first clue about getting one. Obviously, I have no qualifications or experience (blah), and so I'm happy with £5 an hour or whatever Labour decides the minumum wage is.

Any suggestions about how to go about it? Should I just go into shops and ask if there is a job availble?

Cheers - I really need the money...
Tue 10/05/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> *weeples*
> How many people are keeping their EMA, doyathink?

I did and invested it, made some more cash from it which shall be paying for the first few months in Japan when i go. :-D

Anyway Coin, grab a broom and get up them chimney's
Mon 09/05/05 at 21:29
Regular
Pfffft, you'll be lucky to find yourself a decent job at 15.

I'm 17 and I can't get a decent job, despite my awesoem qualificagtions.

Everywhere wants experience, but errr, how do you get experience if no-one hires you?

Oh well, it's their loss.
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:03
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> Are you going to college?
>
> If so, don't bother with the job, you'll get loads of money off the
> goverment through that EMA thing.
>
> £30 p/week and £100 bonuses depending on parental
> income.
>
> We just missed out on in by a year, you lucky gits.

Yeh, I'm going to college. I don't think I will get the £30 a week, I think its the £10-£20 which I will be getting.
Due to the 3 month run up to college I will need to get a job otherwise I will become more of a bum - plus I want to build a new computer before I actually start college.
Thu 05/05/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> *weeples*
> How many people are keeping their EMA, doyathink?

I am, 90% of it anyway, only thing I spend it on is school related stuff.
Thu 05/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Try WH Smith. When I worked there we had a couple of 15 year olds (all though I was told it was a lot of hassel to get their jobs) and they could even work the tills.

But you don't need a job until you finish your GCSE's.
Wed 04/05/05 at 22:59
"period drama"
*weeples*
How many people are keeping their EMA, doyathink?
Wed 04/05/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Surely if you keep all your EMA money, you'll be able to pay the first term of University...

Or not. How much is it? £5,000 a term?

(In France, it is £50 - or so says my Ma.)
Wed 04/05/05 at 22:41
"period drama"
Rargh, EMA, little scavs.
At least you'll get some payback when you try and defend yourselves from crippling tuition fees next year.

Of course, most of the people on EMA are just chavs biding their time until the dole office will let them in. Then it's two-fingers to education and the working life.

Me?
Bitter?

No, no.
Wed 04/05/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The money from EMA should be used to up the minimum wage... or lower it to 16...since you can get a bloody job from that age.
Wed 04/05/05 at 21:33
Regular
Are you going to college?

If so, don't bother with the job, you'll get loads of money off the goverment through that EMA thing.

£30 p/week and £100 bonuses depending on parental income.

We just missed out on in by a year, you lucky gits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.