GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something to consider..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 13:17
Regular
"..."
...the so-called 'cream of Britain's academic crop', the people who may go on to one day run our country, or at least do very important jobs...

For some reason, be it though stupidity, lack of knowledge, incorrect teaching, whatever. Our ultra-bright, academics can't figure out the jumping off a 25 foot high bridge into 2 feet of water is going to hurt.

[URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005200574,00.html[/URL]

Worrying.
Tue 03/05/05 at 14:23
Regular
"long time"
Oh a water topic :)
Tue 03/05/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
That girl who jumped, what a waste.
Tue 03/05/05 at 14:20
Regular
"\\"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/4503027.stm[/URL]

Good enough for you?
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Selected"
It probably makes you feel smart reading that article about "More than 30 of the country’s cleverest" jumping into shallow water off a 25ft bridge.

Then you realise you're reading The Sun.

D'oh.
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah this is the big May Day thing down my way (Oxford). My brother goes every year to watch.

There's a big fence and plenty of police there from the early hours (around 4am) but with such large crowds (most of which are drunk) the odd few get passed. Once over there's nothing the cops can do but watch and cringe. There's always articles in the papers and local news before the day, warning of the people who were injured and even paralyzed the previous year, but the power of tradition and alcohol concur all.
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:26
Regular
"8==="
So's playing Rugby.
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:24
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
T'is a lack of basic common sense!
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> For some reason, be it though stupidity, lack of knowledge, incorrect
> teaching, whatever. Our ultra-bright, academics can't figure out the
> jumping off a 25 foot high bridge into 2 feet of water is going to
> hurt.

[edit] 3 feet. Nice picture of that lasses destroyed ankle too.

"The leap into the River Cherwell from Magdalen Bridge is a May Day ritual after all-night drinking."

There's your answer right there.

And people who do that cheese rolling thing know they're going to possibly suffer broken bones. If they want to jump off a bridge, let them. Hell, if they weren't boozed up, there would be a lot more injuries.

Intelligence has nothing to do with common sense, much less drunken common sense.

I've always maintained that 7/8th of my old university lecturers, while extraordinarily intelligent in their choosen fields: -

1) Had no social skills
2) Had no dress sense
3) Outside of their field, didn't know their a____ from their elbow. :D
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:19
Regular
"8==="
No Darwin Awards then?

Shame.
Tue 03/05/05 at 13:17
Regular
"..."
...the so-called 'cream of Britain's academic crop', the people who may go on to one day run our country, or at least do very important jobs...

For some reason, be it though stupidity, lack of knowledge, incorrect teaching, whatever. Our ultra-bright, academics can't figure out the jumping off a 25 foot high bridge into 2 feet of water is going to hurt.

[URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005200574,00.html[/URL]

Worrying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.