GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason to hate the Shrek franchise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Taken from IMDB.com

Pop star Justin Timberlake will star alongside real-life girlfriend Cameron Diaz in Shrek 3 as the voice of one of the animated characters. The singer is lending his vocal talents to the role of the young King Arthur in the fantasy feature, which also sees Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers returning to play Donkey and lovable ogre Shrek respectively. And producer Aron Warner has quashed rumors that screen beauty Diaz, who plays Princess Fiona, persuaded him to cast Timberlake - claiming the young pop star was just right for the part. He says, "Our desire was to get somebody who is visible and had their own persona to bring to the table. Justin fit the bill perfectly." Timberlake has already appeared in the cartoon franchise - in Shrek 2, a poster of "Sir Justin" on the wall of Princess Fiona's bedroom flashes across the screen.

The first film was excellent. The second was poor. The third will be dire. And I hear there'll be four.

I'd much rather they'd spend time on writing than signing big name celebrities. Or better yet, move on from Shrek and create something new. What ever happened to that Kung-Fu Panda film they were making?
Wed 04/05/05 at 12:15
Regular
"8==="
CDouch wrote:
> Agreed. He didn't really do anything and what he did wasn't anything
> special.
>
> A lot of people just like 'the new thing'. If Donkey was the latest
> character and Puss was there in the original, he'd be the favourite.

Donkey always will be ass.

and not in a good way.
Wed 04/05/05 at 12:13
Regular
Shrek 2 is £3.99 from Cd Wow for anybody who hasnt got it.
Wed 04/05/05 at 07:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
In Shrek 2, did anyone find that bit were Donkey wouldn't stop talking in the car thing really funny? And then when he did shut up he started doing that thing with his teeth?

LOL, still makes me laugh now.
Tue 03/05/05 at 23:14
"period drama"
I thought they were saying "Mate" in a really strong Australian accent until I saw it with subtitles on.

Wow.

But, those seagulls!
Hilarious!
Tue 03/05/05 at 23:13
"period drama"
Ahahaha, those pesky seagulls!
Tue 03/05/05 at 23:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Seagulls in Finding Nemo had more style, wit and humour than both Shrek films put together.

"Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"
Tue 03/05/05 at 23:04
"period drama"
Yeah, me too.
Less a character than another comic foil or whatever.

Could have been much better, quite easily.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Agreed. He didn't really do anything and what he did wasn't anything special.

A lot of people just like 'the new thing'. If Donkey was the latest character and Puss was there in the original, he'd be the favourite.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:37
Regular
Puss in Boots I actually thought was pretty rubbish.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:21
"period drama"
That 'Sir Justin' poster is actually on the underside of her bed canopy.
If anyone cared to care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.