GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamespot Halo 2 Review....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 08/11/04 at 20:38
Regular
""
They gave it 9.6/10, but they said that the SP story was complete crap, and it has a really bad ending, which is a sort of down putter.
Wed 10/11/04 at 21:17
"The Will of D."
I have this friend who is a complete and utter Halo fanboy and he was looking at American customer reviews of Halo 2 earlier on. Now almost all of the customers had put their own reviews down, usually the 1 sentence drivle from young kids, and they all had 5/5 scores. But there was this one review that most probably was done by an adult they actually was a few sentences long and the overall score was 4/5 because he thought that there weren't enough maps for I think the multiplayer or something to do with not enough maps, and my friend was going a little defensive about the comments this person made.

I explained to him that for one thing that "you haven't even played the game yet and you 100% believe that the game is going to be perfect, with no flaws whatsoever, but in the eyes of (probably a multi console gamer as well as adult) it wasn't 100% but about 90% because he thought that he wasn't fully satisfied". But my friend was still denying it and still saying it's perfect, blah blah blah.

This is one example of why this just annoys me how mind-washing hype can be, and that it's a risky business when you put so much hype into just one game that when it's time for release that you've been surprisingly let-down, while those people that stayed calm and filtered out all the nonsense and rumours and hype and formed their own opinions on what they have seen so far they aren't actually surprised half as much about it being crap, and are mildly surprised that it turned out as expected.
I tend to think of myself as one of the latter saner people, not a hyped up fanboy.
Wed 10/11/04 at 16:34
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
JuicyMelons wrote:
> I R HOOPSTA wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The game length isn't really an issue as Halo was only a 10 hour
> game
> at most.
>
> Took me months...
>
> *will.not.say.n00b*

The easy mode took 10 hours, but to complete all levels on all difficulties took forever!!
Wed 10/11/04 at 14:15
Regular
Freedom Fighters scored 9.3 on Gamespot, Halo 2 got 9.4. Not that the score matters, it is the content of the review and what their opinion was rather than the overall score.

Plus in terms of racing games, Burnout 3 was big. It had been anticipated long before release.
Wed 10/11/04 at 13:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> IGN do the same.
>
> Constantly contradict themselves and move the goal posts.

Tis funny - both Burnout 3 and Freedom Fighters got higher scores on Gamespot than Halo 2. Both good, but hardly as big as this game!
Tue 09/11/04 at 21:27
Regular
Yep Hoopsta, they did give 9.4/10. Not 9.6.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:52
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I R HOOPSTA wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The game length isn't really an issue as Halo was only a 10 hour
> game
> at most.
>
> Took me months...

*will.not.say.n00b*
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The game length isn't really an issue as Halo was only a 10 hour game
> at most.

Took me months...
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:38
Regular
The game length isn't really an issue as Halo was only a 10 hour game at most.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:37
Regular
IGN do the same.

Constantly contradict themselves and move the goal posts.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Unretired"
Hmm well according to the written review the single player is good, not excellent and is let down by length and a poor ending.

I guess they like to contradict themselves in written and video reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.