GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Idlewild in Leeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 10:23
Regular
Went to see Idlewild in Leeds. That's what the title's about. They were awesome. Unbelievably good. I got my beer split everywhere when they came on and launched straight into Modern Way of Letting Go, but I didn't care, because it was excellent. I got shoved straight to the front by happy-shouty Leeds people, I think. That was good. So, yeah. I thought nothing could top the Counting Crows gig I went to last year, but this just about does it. Nice small venue as well. And they did a Neil Young cover.

Cool. But it did mean I didn't revise for my exam today. But it went OK.

That's all, must run. tata.
Thu 28/04/05 at 09:31
Regular
Idlewild's new album is shocking. I was so dissapointed.

And in their gig at cambridge where they insulted cambridge university students I just walked out.
Wed 27/04/05 at 14:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
...You rate Kaiser Cheifs ahead of Idlewild? eh?

Nah, you seem into teh whole Kaiser, catchy pop-rock tune side of things. Try buying/downloading Captian or Hope is IMportant if you want Idlewild at their rawest.
Wed 27/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Excellent"
I Have bought Warnings/Promises and its my 3rd best album of the year to Kaisers (no 1) and The Bravery (no 2)
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I went toi see them in Manchester on the 23rd. They were absolute gold. Support band had some pretty fine your fillies in as well. I definitely would of.

Shouted for 'Self Healer' after every song. Did a few times with Sons and Daughters, too. They didn't play it, though.

Overall, though, I wished they'd have played more from Hope is Important/Captain.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:23
Regular
Went to see Idlewild in Leeds. That's what the title's about. They were awesome. Unbelievably good. I got my beer split everywhere when they came on and launched straight into Modern Way of Letting Go, but I didn't care, because it was excellent. I got shoved straight to the front by happy-shouty Leeds people, I think. That was good. So, yeah. I thought nothing could top the Counting Crows gig I went to last year, but this just about does it. Nice small venue as well. And they did a Neil Young cover.

Cool. But it did mean I didn't revise for my exam today. But it went OK.

That's all, must run. tata.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.