GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Idlewild in Leeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 10:23
Regular
Went to see Idlewild in Leeds. That's what the title's about. They were awesome. Unbelievably good. I got my beer split everywhere when they came on and launched straight into Modern Way of Letting Go, but I didn't care, because it was excellent. I got shoved straight to the front by happy-shouty Leeds people, I think. That was good. So, yeah. I thought nothing could top the Counting Crows gig I went to last year, but this just about does it. Nice small venue as well. And they did a Neil Young cover.

Cool. But it did mean I didn't revise for my exam today. But it went OK.

That's all, must run. tata.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:23
Regular
Went to see Idlewild in Leeds. That's what the title's about. They were awesome. Unbelievably good. I got my beer split everywhere when they came on and launched straight into Modern Way of Letting Go, but I didn't care, because it was excellent. I got shoved straight to the front by happy-shouty Leeds people, I think. That was good. So, yeah. I thought nothing could top the Counting Crows gig I went to last year, but this just about does it. Nice small venue as well. And they did a Neil Young cover.

Cool. But it did mean I didn't revise for my exam today. But it went OK.

That's all, must run. tata.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I went toi see them in Manchester on the 23rd. They were absolute gold. Support band had some pretty fine your fillies in as well. I definitely would of.

Shouted for 'Self Healer' after every song. Did a few times with Sons and Daughters, too. They didn't play it, though.

Overall, though, I wished they'd have played more from Hope is Important/Captain.
Wed 27/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Excellent"
I Have bought Warnings/Promises and its my 3rd best album of the year to Kaisers (no 1) and The Bravery (no 2)
Wed 27/04/05 at 14:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
...You rate Kaiser Cheifs ahead of Idlewild? eh?

Nah, you seem into teh whole Kaiser, catchy pop-rock tune side of things. Try buying/downloading Captian or Hope is IMportant if you want Idlewild at their rawest.
Thu 28/04/05 at 09:31
Regular
Idlewild's new album is shocking. I was so dissapointed.

And in their gig at cambridge where they insulted cambridge university students I just walked out.
Thu 28/04/05 at 13:27
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Surprising, you're the first person I've heard complain about it.

I was over the moon with the album, was the slightest bit sceptical after the first listen, but it's grown on me so much. Some of the best songs they've done are on Warnings/Promises.

I went to see them at Birmingham on Sunday and it's the best night I've had out in a long time. The sound quality was magnificent, they've come on so much as a band, I couldn't fault them in the slightest.
Thu 28/04/05 at 13:39
Regular
"Excellent"
Why do you make fun of me because I like the Kaiser Chiefs mattribute? We all have different music tastes and you dont see me slagging off the bands that you like eh?
Thu 28/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh I saw them live at the UEA in Norwich a few weeks back and they were funking good. Remote Part is their best album though.
Thu 28/04/05 at 16:40
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Also went to see them in Birmingham when I was down to see some friends. Very good gig and I'm hoping it shall be even better when I see them in Glasgow on Monday. I quite like the new album. It's growing on me but I don't think it'll ever reach the Remote Part's greatness.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I just enjoy abusing people, generally.

And Warnings/Promises isn't quite as catchy as their old albums, which is why some will be disappointed with it, as it's more of a coming of age.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.