GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni decisions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:11
Regular
I'm (hopefully) going to Uni in September.

You shouldn't get depressed about leaving the ol' school/college routine, just see Uni as a 'fresh start'.

Remember - Most of your friends from college will be moving on as well as you, why stay behind and look in the past?

etc etc.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.