GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni decisions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
lcarus wrote:
> Unless you take History

That's a few of my mates then...
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
lcarus wrote:
> Don't Manc want an AAB as well?

ABB for me I recall.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:40
Unless you take History, Social Sciences or Surfing with Placement Year.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:37
Regular
"bot"
phi11ip wrote:
> You'll love uni. End of.

I can say with absolute certainty that you are possibly wrong.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:37
Don't Manc want an AAB as well?
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:33
Regular
"the burning sky"
York want an AAB from me, which I shall easily get :P Already got one a-level A grade in Maths. Leaving me to get an A and a B from either, FurtherMaths, Computing or Physics. And I should easily get an A in Computing after that Cwk i've just submitted. So just a B is required from the other 2. But its no time to get complacent.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm off to Sussex in Sept/Oct to do Anthropology, which will be nice. I'm really looking forward to it, especially the whole uni-life thing, but also the course as well. Perhaps I'll take my 2nd year out to do ethongraphy at Lincoln University and visit gamesfreak and FFF! Hurrah!
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:14
York do expect a lot.
Tue 26/04/05 at 16:51
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Ah York scared me and they gave me AABB which was frankly seriously harsh. Think I shall just stick to good old Edinburgh. Plenty of people from school are going there but uni is big enough that I can keep up with people I like and lose all the annoying people. :)
Tue 26/04/05 at 15:06
Exams/deadlines/ everything coming up. Yay

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.