GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony stand no chance..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/04 at 22:52
Regular
"It's like someone developing their own opperating system and challenging windows".

You go Microsoft.
Thu 11/11/04 at 00:04
Regular
"Balls"
Marcini deserves a round of applause for that, as it's everything I was thinking but couldn't put into words. Well done.
Thu 11/11/04 at 00:00
Regular
"Balls"
Only one thing to criticize there is the comment about the low battery life, which is untrue. It has an 8-hour gaming battery life, which is pretty good, in my opinion.

Yeah it’s not as good as the DS’ but still enough to get some good gaming done.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I agree that Sony wont be gone just because the PSP will lose to the DS. I think the DS will win with 70% of sales and Sony will therefore have 30% of sales. But only absolute fanboys who have the Nintendo logo tatooed on their eyeballs and cant see properly think that this will finish Sony off. Both consoles will ultimately win as they will get the publics money, all that will happen is that Nintendo's empire will slightly increase in comparison to Sony's. Nothing major will become of it. I also dare bet that Sony will bring another hand held console out after the PSP even though their failure to beat the Nintendo DS is almost guarenteed.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:47
Regular
The PSP would have to be CRUSHED to stop Sony coming back.

And even then, they might just change strategy.
I think that the PSP's high price tag and low battery life will hold it back immensely, but enough to keep Sony's nose out of the market?

I doubt it.

But the only reason they grabbed the console market is because both Nintendo and Sega SERIOUSLY screwed up, and Sony took the perfect time to take advantage. The PSP will have the Playstation's name to support it at first, but once people start to get wound up over battery life, perhaps they'll come to the conclusion that Sony products aren;t cut out to work without a TV...

(except for walkmans, stereo's etc... but you get the idea you PEDANTIC MONGEL!) :-P
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Balls"
The PSP will make Sony its money back.

The Gamefaqs contest showed that a lot of people will buy the PSP, but more will buy the DS.

The PSP will not beat the DS, it will be a role reversal of the console war that is going on now.

But they will make enough money back. But they will learn that Nintendo is the daddy at hand helds and won't challenge them again.

That’s my prediction.
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:57
"The Will of D."
I think the true PSP rival is the Video Now handheld video machine. It's laughable that.
The whole reason why microsoft are taking sides in the handheld war is that they truly think that they wouldget truly beaten out eventually against Nintendo and can't be bothered to try and fail and loose some money. Wheras Sony is all about the money that they will try anything to succeed in getting more of it, and they will go off crying when they can't get any more off of the PSP because it's sales have stopped.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:01
Regular
Also worthy noting that Microsoft are supporting the other handheld that is up against Nintendo.

Gizmondo really doesn't stand a chance, so why are they even bothering?
Wed 10/11/04 at 09:27
It was a rather cheap shot, especially seeing just a few years ago the roles were reversed...
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:08
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Morbo wrote:
> I think they decided to back the company that threatens them the
> least; any victory for Nintendo over Sony is a victory for
> Microsoft.
>
> I think the phrase 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' works well
> here.

I agree, although nintendo do seem to be mighty quiet on the PR front dont they?
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:06
Regular
"Balls"
I think they decided to back the company that threatens them the least; any victory for Nintendo over Sony is a victory for Microsoft.

I think the phrase 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' works well here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.