GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What song would you like played at your funeral?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/04/05 at 17:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I used to think the theme from Metal Gear 2 would be a good tune to go out on but now I'm thinking 'Days' by The Kinks.
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:16
Regular
Cannabis is another thing that doesn't get great press. Apparently, now don't quote me on this, there are DANGERS. Bloody hell. So's crossing the road, but it's not as fun.

(Unless you're playing Frogger.)
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:15
Regular
Depends on the paper. Psychotic Times gave me a great review, while Christopher Tookey of the Daily Mail said I was 'pointless' and 'a waste of your time'.
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:14
Regular
"8==="
It's funny that Clazon, when you said he had to drop out of Oxford my immediate thought were of cannabis.

Mabye my subconscious had read on a little further than I had. :S
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Clazon wrote:
> I can't see it as being a problem though. It's like someone saying
> they've got cancer. Why would that change anything?

Because it's relevant to the people around you(not you), being pyschotic might just worry people. You know that the public perception of mental illness isn't good and without any personal experience the thought " Is this person dangerous" would cross your mind, it certainly would mine. Pyschotic people dont get great press.
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:12
Regular
Mine was far worse before I started using cannabis, so hey, two sides one story etc. Not exactly a chain-smoker mind.

But people are extremely pleased with my progress. Ability to connect with people better, seem quite solid but must remember that I may need to go back on drugs again even if it's for a short time. I don't -want- to, but it's a possible necessary evil.
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Flock wrote:
> What about meeting new people, do you worry about telling them and how
> they'll react? I can imagine most people would be slightly
> uncomfortable even if they dont show it.

To be honest, I wasn't. But then again he was my brother...

I can't see it as being a problem though. It's like someone saying they've got cancer. Why would that change anything?
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> They just give my brother drugs to do that for him.
>
If it gets to the point where I can't, ok, I admit
> defeat. But I'd much quicker kill myself than intentionally hurt
> anyone.

???
CHE?

> I went on the drugs for a while and I felt absolutely numb, that's no
> life.

So did he at first.

It sucked me of my imagination and I'm only just beginning to
> recover. The only good thing about them was I managed to put a bit of
> weight on, and they DID actually help me sort out my mind enough to
> come off them again and feel much much more in control and clear.

He did that too. Then there was some relapse or something because his body was used to the drugs. Now he's just perfect with hardly any drugs at all. His seemed to cure rather than put at bay the problems.

> I hope your brother's ok though, I wish I knew more about this all so
> I could actually help people, but can't get my head around it.

:S

My brothers fine now. Shame it's already funked up his life. He had to drop out of Oxford infact and it's taken 10 years, but it's pretty likely that nothing will ever happen again. He's even holding a job down. They think his was triggered by the use of cannobis. Apparently there are strong links.
Sat 16/04/05 at 00:01
Regular
Actually I'm more than like to get worse over time, which was a big worry for me. Was told once to "not worry about the past, because it's the future that's out to get you", bloody haunts me. I'm sure I'm only still alive because suicide attempts didn't work (the chain around my neck snapped, took an overdose and woke up with teeth clenchers [drug culture term for bad acid trips where your muscles contract in spasms constantly with zero control of them] that lasted two weeks) so I'm kinda in a strange delusion of grandeur that maybe I'm supposed to be alive. And besides, there are a good few things that are decent enough to keep me here, such as love and breasts and a few certain people that know who they are.

I don't really tend to tell anyone. Why bother? It doesn't affect the person that I am, I have quite a few great friends that have no idea about it and I'm happy to joke about all sorts of close to the mark things with them, not even my parents know, and they don't really need to. A good friend of mine once told me he didn't want to know if I was ill, which I completely respect and understand, so I'll never tell him, unless he asks.

What is this anyway, I've completely taken over this topic, erk, sorry.
Fri 15/04/05 at 23:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
What about meeting new people, do you worry about telling them and how they'll react? I can imagine most people would be slightly uncomfortable even if they dont show it.
Fri 15/04/05 at 23:46
Regular
"8==="
You'll mellow with age Grix. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.