GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exercise!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 19:15
Regular
This morning, at about 6.30, I went running. It was the first real cardiovascular exercise I've had in nearly 6 months.

Oh my god, you get unfit really quickly!
After 4 minutes I started to feel sick. After 5 it was gone again. On the home stretch, 20 minutes in, it came back and I really thought I was going to puke.
And my legs have felt feeble and weak all day.

How long does it take to get back into shape?

I'd guess I was going 8-10 mph (though I'm really not sure), for 20 minutes.
To be fair, most of it didn't hurt (or make me fear for my stomach lining), but I used to be much fitter than this!

Still, I feel great for having done it.

Not sure whether I could keep up the early mornings though - but even in nice areas I've found that you can expect to get crap from random a**holes when you go running. Where I live now you're just asking for trouble.
To be fair, it probably wouldn't be the kind of crap mentioned in my other thread ('How far...') - well, at least that'd probably be rare.
But it's not nice to deal with any of that sort of stuff, and I'd much rather avoid it.
And I'm a poor student, so no gym for me either.

Thinking about it, it's really messed up when you can't go running in any populated area without expecting to get crap from strangers.

Are there any nice areas of the UK, where you can expect everyone will at least treat people with respect?

Anyway, got off topic a bit. How long does it take to get back to non-puking levels of fitness?
Fri 15/04/05 at 13:14
Regular
"the burning sky"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> Oh well, anyone for poker?

If it's texas hold 'em then sure. Reminds me of a few weeks back. Drunk people really cant bluff. :D
Fri 15/04/05 at 13:06
Regular
D'oh.

I went into town this morning to get a long sleeved running top, for the cold mornings (today I was frickin freezing), and maybe some cheap t-shirts.

I came out £80 down, with a long sleeved top, short sleeved shirt, risky jeans and a set of flashy poker chips.

I guess it's not that much money if you're financially comfortable, but this cheap student thing isn't easy.

Oh well, anyone for poker?
Fri 15/04/05 at 11:49
Great, yet another nice thread polluted by... oh, guess who.
Fri 15/04/05 at 11:23
Regular
"long time"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> Get your own fetish thread you lot :^

That`s not a bad idea :)
Fri 15/04/05 at 08:04
Regular
Good call, might be worth looking into.

I was tempted to buy a second hand one from cash converters or somewhere, but I didn't like the idea of (probably) buying into the same industry that f***ed me over stealing mine.

Not sure if there are any local bike rental places around, but I'll certainly keep an eye out.
Fri 15/04/05 at 07:52
Regular
"8==="
You can get a reasonable bike for around £50 if you check the places that rent them. They just want about half their original investment back whereas a shop will ask 2 or 3 times the amount they paid for one.
Fri 15/04/05 at 07:48
Regular
Get your own fetish thread you lot :^P

Mumbai Duck is back on the road!

I went again, another 6.30 one, and this one hurt far less (just a bit of a stitch near the end) - I did take note of the Confederate's advice, but thought I'd give it one more go, since there's no swimming pool in the area and my bike was stolen last year. (*Cries*)
Looks like I'm okay to run 20 minutes without giving myself a stroke :^D

Not sure about these early starts though. This morning when my alarm woke me, I picked up my eau de toilette (I forget the manly word for it) and pressed the spray thing down trying to stop my alarm.
When it sprayed my hand, I tried twisting it a bit as I pushed down to get it to stop the alarm without spraying me again.
After a couple of minutes without success, I looked at the alarm clock, pressed the button down on that, and wandered out of the room. It was only ten minutes later that it occured to me what I'd done!
(My hand does smell nice though).

I'm not sure how long I can keep up the early mornings.

*Patents the deoderant alarm clock*
Wed 13/04/05 at 10:44
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yeah fair ponit
Wed 13/04/05 at 10:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Vampyr wrote:
> offers a sweet or sweet

A sweet
I'll stop spamming up this thread now
Wed 13/04/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
offers a sweet or sweet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.