GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exercise!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 19:15
Regular
This morning, at about 6.30, I went running. It was the first real cardiovascular exercise I've had in nearly 6 months.

Oh my god, you get unfit really quickly!
After 4 minutes I started to feel sick. After 5 it was gone again. On the home stretch, 20 minutes in, it came back and I really thought I was going to puke.
And my legs have felt feeble and weak all day.

How long does it take to get back into shape?

I'd guess I was going 8-10 mph (though I'm really not sure), for 20 minutes.
To be fair, most of it didn't hurt (or make me fear for my stomach lining), but I used to be much fitter than this!

Still, I feel great for having done it.

Not sure whether I could keep up the early mornings though - but even in nice areas I've found that you can expect to get crap from random a**holes when you go running. Where I live now you're just asking for trouble.
To be fair, it probably wouldn't be the kind of crap mentioned in my other thread ('How far...') - well, at least that'd probably be rare.
But it's not nice to deal with any of that sort of stuff, and I'd much rather avoid it.
And I'm a poor student, so no gym for me either.

Thinking about it, it's really messed up when you can't go running in any populated area without expecting to get crap from strangers.

Are there any nice areas of the UK, where you can expect everyone will at least treat people with respect?

Anyway, got off topic a bit. How long does it take to get back to non-puking levels of fitness?
Wed 20/04/05 at 20:00
Regular
"the burning sky"
I've been trying to get a bit more exercise recently, probably inspired by this thread. Been doing press-ups mostly, a few situps, and lifting pretty heavy dumbbells that i found in my dads shed. Been hankering for a run, but cant find a hat, else my hair gets really wild after excessive movement. Sounds like a big excuse, buti'll get round to getting one :P
Wed 20/04/05 at 14:10
Regular
Heh, excellent.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This site is like my tormented internet blog thing Stryke.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:29
Regular
Lunges are good exercises, and not as unpleasant to do as squats.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:53
Regular
Waaaah cant play sports and pull the ladies with my manmuscles ill just have to post about my misery wheres my sackcloth gimme ashes

Lunges, Mumbai? Keep it to yourself.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Some guy clipped my right knee cap during football a few years back. I went straight down in agony.
It is alright now but I couldn't play sports for about 3 months.
Wed 20/04/05 at 04:06
Regular
Aww, knee trouble is a b**** isn't it?

Mone were busted a few years ago. It took me a couple of years just to get the doctor to let me see a physio too, ut fortunately I'm okay for now.
Hopefully they'll hold out.

Okay, this year it is then. I'm going to make an effort to stop putting things off now.

Just, I might back out yet, depending on how the 6.30s go long term.

Especially in winter.
Wed 20/04/05 at 03:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'd say do it while you can, i always wanted to but my knees are busted now and it's out of the question.
Wed 20/04/05 at 02:58
Regular
Oh, watching the marathon got me thinking too.
If I started now, a year is plenty of time to prepare. Anh I know of a half marathon taking place in september I could go for.

Then again, it'd be a lot of effort.

Mind you, I think it's overrated - the difficulty, all those old people do it, and people run much longer distances in worse conditions.

Perhaps I'll keave it a bit longer before I decide. I've always wanted to do one, but I've only been out like 3 times so far.
Wed 20/04/05 at 02:49
Regular
Did press-ups, sit-ups, lunges and stuff today.
Doesn't require going out, and thus getting up early (or any gymish equipment), but ot's a completely different kind of thing to running.

Can't be ashed tomorrow (in 3 1/2 hours!) so I think I'll go for thursday morning.
It'd be a lot easier if this town wasn't populated by cockfaces.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.