GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exercise!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 19:15
Regular
This morning, at about 6.30, I went running. It was the first real cardiovascular exercise I've had in nearly 6 months.

Oh my god, you get unfit really quickly!
After 4 minutes I started to feel sick. After 5 it was gone again. On the home stretch, 20 minutes in, it came back and I really thought I was going to puke.
And my legs have felt feeble and weak all day.

How long does it take to get back into shape?

I'd guess I was going 8-10 mph (though I'm really not sure), for 20 minutes.
To be fair, most of it didn't hurt (or make me fear for my stomach lining), but I used to be much fitter than this!

Still, I feel great for having done it.

Not sure whether I could keep up the early mornings though - but even in nice areas I've found that you can expect to get crap from random a**holes when you go running. Where I live now you're just asking for trouble.
To be fair, it probably wouldn't be the kind of crap mentioned in my other thread ('How far...') - well, at least that'd probably be rare.
But it's not nice to deal with any of that sort of stuff, and I'd much rather avoid it.
And I'm a poor student, so no gym for me either.

Thinking about it, it's really messed up when you can't go running in any populated area without expecting to get crap from strangers.

Are there any nice areas of the UK, where you can expect everyone will at least treat people with respect?

Anyway, got off topic a bit. How long does it take to get back to non-puking levels of fitness?
Thu 28/04/05 at 07:36
Regular
My god, what happens in this town at 6.30 Thursdays?

While I usually see the odd car, perhaps a couple of pedestrians, today the town was brimming with traffic. Well, much more than usual.
5 times I had cars and vans getting in my way as I tried to cross roads and things, and I don't go over many at all. I even ended up behind another runner. I wasn't going fast enough to overtake properly, and following a random woman around would come off as pretty creepy (especially in a town with as many.. unpleasant types as this one seem to have). So I dropped off a bit until we arted ways.

Far too much mither, this is exactly (part of) what I go early to avoid.
(mind you, it would be much worse any later on).

Ah well, my rowing machine should arive sometime soon, and I can aim for one run a week.

Is anyone else any closer to getting some exercise started, or has the appeal worn off now?
Mon 25/04/05 at 07:37
Regular
Whew! Just been running again. It felt like I was going really fast today, for the first half anyway, and I thought I kept pace on the second half.
I figured I'd make a really good time..
30 seconds inside my best :^(

Ah well, I guess you can't expect huge improvements without a bit more work than this, but I was convinced I could get somewhere close to 15 minutes. Still closer to 20.

Bring on the rowing machine :^D
Sun 24/04/05 at 12:27
Regular
Mwa ha ha, soon all SR's customers will be out running instead of buying video games :^D

My current problem is that I'm staying up late to watch snooker, which makes the mornings just too hard to get up for, after about 3 1/2 hours sleep!
I think I've missed 3 intended starts that way, sleeping through alarms or just going back to sleep.
Damn snooker. I'll get you for this Jimmy!
Sat 23/04/05 at 12:08
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'm looking forward to starting running next week, off to buy a hat to tame my hair this weekend. I know i'm a bit unfit, but I still manage to muster up a few hours of rugby/football/sport in general with a few mates every weekend. Just need to work on stamina I suppose, and try and work off some excess weight (not that i'm overweight). Been trying to eat healthily as well, very few sugary snacks, etc etc - seems to be working. Plus I feel a lot healthier by doing it, and no doubt the running will help a lot. I've also managed to get into a small routine of push-ups, sit-ups and weights, for muscle toning :P Anyway thats all for now...
Sat 23/04/05 at 12:03
Regular
Build a dynamo into it to power your television to inspire you to keep rowing.

I tried running today for the first time ever.
I knew I was unfit, butI underestimated how much. A lot.

I ddn't even get to break a sweat because I couldn't breathe.
It's because my dad smokes everywhere in teh house.
Everywhere I go just clogs up my lungs.

:(
Fri 22/04/05 at 21:38
Regular
I've ordered it now. Looks like a good one, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

It'll mean I gane get a decent low-impact all round exercise, without getting up early, and I can watch tv at the same time. Result.

Daily (maybe) exercise here I come!

I'll try to keep up the running too, maybe once a week for now.
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
Worth it?
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
Hmm, I'm on the verge of buying a rowing machine for £135.

It says the rrp is £250, but you never really know how accurate those figures are.

It'd be good to have one though, and it's definitely a quality model - big fan on the end and stuff.

I even have a free room for it now, since my flatmate fled the country to escape crack dealers she owed 50 grand to. (Or she may have dropped out of uni - my memory isn't what it once was).
Thu 21/04/05 at 16:03
Regular
I lowered the seat on the pec deck today at the gym, because some woman had been on it. But I didn't put the peg in right, so when I sat down it collapsed to the lowest level. It hurt and people looked at me.

But then I did crunches with the machine, so everyone loved me again. I had a bit of a flex for the ladies and that was that.
Thu 21/04/05 at 15:59
Regular
Heh, I know all about the big excuses. It's hard to know yourself whether they're for real or not :^)

I was going to go this morning, but stayed up late watching snooker last night, my heating is brokne, and dragging myself out of bed, freezing cold and tried, felt too hard.

Decent excuse or cop out? I'm not sure.

Might do some skipping instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.