GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POLL: Is Halo 2 as good as you hoped?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 12/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
Right, no chit chat in here, just two simple questions with yes or no answers.

1: Is Halo 2 single player as good as you hoped?

2: Is Halo 2 multiplayer as good as you hoped?

No scores. No comments. Just "yes" or "no".
Thankyou.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Touched!"
What? The banshee is a biatch to control and it's not very accurate at all, it's probably one of the vehicles that is good for hitting at other vehicles but crap at hitting single targets. The ghost is pretty good, but again very weak and the hog is annoying as hell and once you've lost the gunner someone will most likely nab it, seriously you need to get some better team mates or just play it more. On Live I've had no problems at all, then again Live is brilliant and we all work as a team.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:21
sPiKeCaSt wrote:

> To be fair every game needs a crap weapon, again I can kill people
> perfectly with a magnum, it's not too bad when you have two of them.

Actually, it's quite a good combo.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:18
Regular
Of course they have the advantage.

I'd rather be sitting in a Wraith or Scorpion than wandering around with a hand weapon.

The vehicles have much more powerful weapons than a player can carry and can move you around a level much faster than on foot.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:18
Regular
"Touched!"
Crumble wrote:
> The weapon variety is pretty good in Halo 2. Although some guns are
> utter crap:
>
> Pistol Magnum
>
> And don't get me started on the Plasma Rifle.

To be fair every game needs a crap weapon, again I can kill people perfectly with a magnum, it's not too bad when you have two of them.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Touched!"
Crumble mate, what you are saying is basically that because the other team has all of the vehicles so they have the advantage? Bull. I've been in games with SR members and we have had no vehicles at all and still managed to take control. It's not a flaw with the game it's a flaw with how well your team makes use of the vehicles, sounds to me like teamwork isn't being used when you play, because we all don't have the probs you seem to be having!
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:15
Regular
The weapon variety is pretty good in Halo 2. Although some guns are utter crap:

Pistol > Magnum

And don't get me started on the Plasma Rifle.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:14
Regular
"Touched!"
I must admit, the guns are fairly balanced considering how many weapons and vehicles etc are in the game. I find it pretty easy to kill most people with any weapon, it's more to do with how good you are rather than which weapon you use, love the rocket launcher and plasma sword though.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:12
Regular
Tilta, what kind of pathetic comment is that?

'Blow them up'

Jeez, it's not like I culd just stroll up to the enemy vehicles and place a well aimed plasma onto the vehicle without any care in the world.

There were 'other' enemies around me, ones that were actually trying to kill me.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:10
Regular
Blow them up already then you big girl.
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:09
Regular
It's not funny. It's rather irritating.

I'm not talking about one-on-ones. I'm talking about the majority of vehicles being owned by one team. Vehicles like Wraiths and Scorpions.

That gets annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.