GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will gaming be like in 10 years?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/04/05 at 08:40
Regular
Think back to what games were like in 1995. The PS1 had just been released and we all found it amazing that games were now in "3D"! Think how far games have evolved since then...

Anyways, what do ye all think games will (or should) be like in ten years?
Here's my ideas:

1) Fogging will be a thing of the past. Worst offenders today- Morrowind, Shadow Ops
2) You know how amazing the cinematic sequences were in Final Fantasy X? Well, in-game graphics will be like that.
3) Games won't just have two or three routes that can be taken to complete the game, they'll have hundreds. Talk about replay value (the best we've got so far is surely Morrowind).
4) Games will be acknowledged by old people and religious groups as being for adults too, and people won't be outraged every time a title with an adult theme is released.

Well, over to you people...
Wed 06/04/05 at 08:49
Regular
It'll just be a new generation of wanktards spouting off about how their console is DA BOMB and your is as gay as a console can be.

I am looking forward to the advances in online gaming - 10 years time, Ultra-Wideband should be making an appearance (knowing the UK though, we'll probably only get up to 10 meg Broadband by then).

We'll have handhelds with quality comparable to the Xbox - probably even with a superb online network like Xbox Live.

Graphics will continue to make jaws drop, and at the rate of progresson already witnessed, I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 video games looked better than the FFX FMV's.

Who knows what revolutionary innovations get thought up between now and then - I mean, scientists have just discovered a fully working bionic eye system, to restore sight to the blind! I can see this technology being implemented in games eventually - maybe not in 10 years - where we 'see' the game, rather than look at it on a screen.

I'm getting carried away now.
Wed 06/04/05 at 08:40
Regular
Think back to what games were like in 1995. The PS1 had just been released and we all found it amazing that games were now in "3D"! Think how far games have evolved since then...

Anyways, what do ye all think games will (or should) be like in ten years?
Here's my ideas:

1) Fogging will be a thing of the past. Worst offenders today- Morrowind, Shadow Ops
2) You know how amazing the cinematic sequences were in Final Fantasy X? Well, in-game graphics will be like that.
3) Games won't just have two or three routes that can be taken to complete the game, they'll have hundreds. Talk about replay value (the best we've got so far is surely Morrowind).
4) Games will be acknowledged by old people and religious groups as being for adults too, and people won't be outraged every time a title with an adult theme is released.

Well, over to you people...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.