GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will gaming be like in 10 years?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/04/05 at 08:40
Regular
Think back to what games were like in 1995. The PS1 had just been released and we all found it amazing that games were now in "3D"! Think how far games have evolved since then...

Anyways, what do ye all think games will (or should) be like in ten years?
Here's my ideas:

1) Fogging will be a thing of the past. Worst offenders today- Morrowind, Shadow Ops
2) You know how amazing the cinematic sequences were in Final Fantasy X? Well, in-game graphics will be like that.
3) Games won't just have two or three routes that can be taken to complete the game, they'll have hundreds. Talk about replay value (the best we've got so far is surely Morrowind).
4) Games will be acknowledged by old people and religious groups as being for adults too, and people won't be outraged every time a title with an adult theme is released.

Well, over to you people...
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:51
Regular
I've never actually bothered with Eye-Toy. It's a nice idea but I get the impression it's just a bunch of repetetive mini-games with the novelty idea of the camera.

Am I right or am I right?
Tue 03/05/05 at 06:46
Regular
And then there's Eye-Toy.
Tue 03/05/05 at 06:45
Regular
Face-scanning is already possible on certain games.

I'm sure you could do it on Quake 3 - or pretty muh any game with the ability to skin a character.
Mon 02/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
Prophet wrote:
> Bah, rubbish.

Yeah I know but it's bound to happen when we live in a world where Pop Idol is made into a videogame.

When that crappy dance fever programme gets turned into a PS2 game you'll know that the end of the world is nigh.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:50
"Retarded List"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Wouldn't it be rather awesome if you could make a scan of your own
> image and put your face onto your character in the game (and it would
> actually look good)? Would make online gaming just that bit more
> personal.

Bah, rubbish.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:15
Regular
In ten years time? I dunno...I'd say more like twenty years time. But then if I'd have said in 1993 that in ten years we'd be able to play games which allow us to explore huge 3-D cities, you'd have said I was crazy.
Thu 07/04/05 at 14:56
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
In ten years time - VR
Wed 06/04/05 at 18:17
Regular
Wouldn't it be rather awesome if you could make a scan of your own image and put your face onto your character in the game (and it would actually look good)? Would make online gaming just that bit more personal.
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:20
Regular
Couldn't agree more - -the PSP truly is a milestone in handheld gaming - things can only get better.

I know the PSP isn't that far off as it is, but wait until we get handheld games with the quality of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, complete with online VS mode :D
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:05
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Bullett wrote:
> We'll have handhelds with quality comparable to the Xbox - probably
> even with a superb online network like Xbox Live.

PSP isn't that far off that now. Has on-line capabilities out of the box and is running PS2 ports with few alterations. Next gen handhelds (5-6 years maybe) should be better than the XBox now we have a genuinely competitive market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.