GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Err....so Halo 2 is quite short then... *spoilers*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 13/11/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've done it, after about 6/7 hours of gameplay...and I don't think I died more than 10 times on normal (straight to legendary for the real game, methinks) - what a breeze. Only had about 4 "sessions" too. The fighting on Earth bits were practically non-existant, and the level from the E3 demo is completely different - much less fun than that one looked. Hated the pointless flying aliens, but they seemed a bit tacked on anyway.

Most of the levels seemed identical to the first game, and to each other in general. Flood - again! Why, why, why? Everyone hated them in the first game! Seymour's cameo from Little Shop of Horrors was cool though - "Feed MEEEEEE!". The ending was crap too, they didn't even finish the battle. Master Chief rides an "Ark" to Earth, there's a massive space battle, "I've come to F1N15H 1T!!!311", then it cuts straight to the credits! You get a small bit of Cortana and Seymour after the credits (yes, I'm that sad that I waited), and they've blatantly left it open for a third game.

All in all, it's a very, very good game, but it lacked the replay value of the first one. I'll probably use Halo 1 for single player, and Halo 2 for multiplayer. None of the levels were as fun as the beach one, or the snow ones from Halo 1 - and people complained about level design back then!

And how did the Sergeant and the Arbiter get off the Halo in the first game? I assume they're the same people from the special Legendary ending? That part of the story was quite interesting...shame the rest was about as fun as washing dishes.
Sat 13/11/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've done it, after about 6/7 hours of gameplay...and I don't think I died more than 10 times on normal (straight to legendary for the real game, methinks) - what a breeze. Only had about 4 "sessions" too. The fighting on Earth bits were practically non-existant, and the level from the E3 demo is completely different - much less fun than that one looked. Hated the pointless flying aliens, but they seemed a bit tacked on anyway.

Most of the levels seemed identical to the first game, and to each other in general. Flood - again! Why, why, why? Everyone hated them in the first game! Seymour's cameo from Little Shop of Horrors was cool though - "Feed MEEEEEE!". The ending was crap too, they didn't even finish the battle. Master Chief rides an "Ark" to Earth, there's a massive space battle, "I've come to F1N15H 1T!!!311", then it cuts straight to the credits! You get a small bit of Cortana and Seymour after the credits (yes, I'm that sad that I waited), and they've blatantly left it open for a third game.

All in all, it's a very, very good game, but it lacked the replay value of the first one. I'll probably use Halo 1 for single player, and Halo 2 for multiplayer. None of the levels were as fun as the beach one, or the snow ones from Halo 1 - and people complained about level design back then!

And how did the Sergeant and the Arbiter get off the Halo in the first game? I assume they're the same people from the special Legendary ending? That part of the story was quite interesting...shame the rest was about as fun as washing dishes.
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:02
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Thank goodness for Live then otherwise it aint that worth while
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It blows away any other console game, in most aspects - except the few that really count. You'd probably get more enjoyment out of Halo 1, then you can fill in on the plot by reading the books. Live play should be awesome though - might get a chance to try that out tonight. They should have released it as a cut-price, Live-only game, with the book sellotaped to the back.
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:46
Regular
I'm not sure if co-op is exactly like 1 player. Me and my brother did it in about 10 hours or less can't remember about 2 nights of playing it. The ending didnt seem much like an ending and although we were doing a lot I guess you could say completing it in two nights felt not worth it. Well you have to remember games like FFX which I played for over 100 hours. Now that me and my brother have completed it there's only online and multiplayer haven't tried that yet. Still it's all worth it but would have liked another night or two of playing. Seemed a lot shorter than the first game, though it might not have been.
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
For me, the single player has been a bit like what Matrix 2 was to Matrix 1. The first was classic, due to it being the first, long lasting, and felt fresh. Sure the second is souped up, beautiful, wonderful to play. But once you've gone through it on the few difficulties, you'll never play it as much as the first. Just like with the Matrix; the first was always the classic one.

And also, the storyline. Halo 2 seems to be like a bridge to a third encounter in the same way that Reloaded was a bridge to Revolutions.

The multiplayer is great though, so that'll keep me busy. The game as a whole isn't as superb as I was hoping, but like you say, m_m, it's far better than most FPS', and one of the best on this generation of consoles.
Sat 13/11/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Insert Gently"
The Live play will make it last long enough for you to get your money's worth, I'm on the 13th level and I've been playing on it for at least 7 hours. 3 of which was just on one level. Think the story isn't that great but they have taken nearly all the repetition out of the game and is just simply good fun to play, but not worth getting for the single player alone. So if you dont have Live or mates...your screwed
Sat 13/11/04 at 16:41
Agree with everything you said there monkey. I was looking for a few levels to replay, and truthfully, none are on the list as much as AOTCR and SC on the first Halo.

monkey_man wrote:

>
> And how did the Sergeant and the Arbiter get off the Halo in the
> first game? I assume they're the same people from the special
> Legendary ending? That part of the story was quite
> interesting...shame the rest was about as fun as washing dishes.

The Legendary ending was just a small bit on the side for those who completed it... in the books it says that the Sarge was picked up by MC via escape pods. The Arbiter was the guy in charge of the fleet on Halo, hence he probably was looking over it when it was destroyed behind some obscure moon or whatever.
Sat 13/11/04 at 16:42
Oh, who was that giant blob? I'm assuming it was the same thing that was attempting to interrogate Cortana at the end.
Sun 14/11/04 at 20:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's not that short. Just we've all played it massively. The ending was as everyone said, a brick wall - another level?

The story requires muchos concentration, and is badly told in places. But I'm going through again to figure it out. Plus, the game is waaaay harder than Halo 1, especially on the highest two levels - the difference is noticable.

It kicks Halo 1 to pieces though. The Earth levels and Delta Halo etc will be much replayed by me. Halo 1 is just rubbish now, I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy it much before and now it's just awful - the beach level and the 'snow' one in particular are just boring now.
Sun 14/11/04 at 20:32
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
yep i foound halo to be the most overrated game ever[thats now burnout 3] but Halo 2 rocks! loved just about all of the 15 levels and i like cliffhanger endings!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.