GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Err....so Halo 2 is quite short then... *spoilers*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 13/11/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've done it, after about 6/7 hours of gameplay...and I don't think I died more than 10 times on normal (straight to legendary for the real game, methinks) - what a breeze. Only had about 4 "sessions" too. The fighting on Earth bits were practically non-existant, and the level from the E3 demo is completely different - much less fun than that one looked. Hated the pointless flying aliens, but they seemed a bit tacked on anyway.

Most of the levels seemed identical to the first game, and to each other in general. Flood - again! Why, why, why? Everyone hated them in the first game! Seymour's cameo from Little Shop of Horrors was cool though - "Feed MEEEEEE!". The ending was crap too, they didn't even finish the battle. Master Chief rides an "Ark" to Earth, there's a massive space battle, "I've come to F1N15H 1T!!!311", then it cuts straight to the credits! You get a small bit of Cortana and Seymour after the credits (yes, I'm that sad that I waited), and they've blatantly left it open for a third game.

All in all, it's a very, very good game, but it lacked the replay value of the first one. I'll probably use Halo 1 for single player, and Halo 2 for multiplayer. None of the levels were as fun as the beach one, or the snow ones from Halo 1 - and people complained about level design back then!

And how did the Sergeant and the Arbiter get off the Halo in the first game? I assume they're the same people from the special Legendary ending? That part of the story was quite interesting...shame the rest was about as fun as washing dishes.
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:12
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
> Think we're all getting our hope's up there, although it would be a
> good way to milk us out of a few more nuggets after christmas.
> Expansion pack would be nice!

An Expansion pack would br good as long as it was released in the shops, unlike pg2. The people making these games have to realize that more people are still unable to get xbox live for different reaaions, then there are people on. Im still gutted that there was no way for people like me that wanted the pg2 packs to get my hands on them.
Wed 17/11/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Maybe after completing on legendary......you get the new levels :)

Normal/Heroic seem far too easy yet legendary seems impossible lol
Wed 17/11/04 at 08:45
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Auf Deutsch wrote:
> Silent Thunder wrote:
> Sorry if it's already been said but has anyone else heard the
> rumours
> that when Halo 2 was made it was too long a game (such a thing?) and
> so they split it into two seperate games. And that's why the ending
> is such a cliff hanger. So the second half of Halo 2 would be Halo
> 3.
>

Think we're all getting our hope's up there, although it would be a good way to milk us out of a few more nuggets after christmas. Expansion pack would be nice!
Wed 17/11/04 at 07:19
Auf Deutsch wrote:

> Just watch the Making Of on the bonus DVD if you have it. It would
> appear they were really pushed for time [...even though they had 2/3
> years :S]

Yeah.. apparently the REAL work started at Fall 2003...
Tue 16/11/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Cyclone wrote:
> No, because you make points about the most idiotic things - most
> people have fair gripes about the game, yet you wish that decent
> features were removed because you can't play with them anymore.
>
> +
>
> You suck. Simple.

Err you have got it wrong fool. I wanted the good bouncy vehicles to come back, not the other way round.

God you suck.
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:10
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Sorry if it's already been said but has anyone else heard the rumours
> is such a cliff hanger. So the second half of Halo 2 would be Halo 3.
>
>
> Sounds extremely unlikely to me. :-/

Just watch the Making Of on the bonus DVD if you have it. It would appear they were really pushed for time [...even though they had 2/3 years :S]
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:26
Regular
"object"
halo 2 realy easy on medium i finished it on sunday and i disapionted
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Sorry if it's already been said but has anyone else heard the rumours
> is such a cliff hanger. So the second half of Halo 2 would be Halo 3.
>
>
> Sounds extremely unlikely to me. :-/

I remember them saying that one level could easily fit into the whole Halo original campaign, Bungie are hiding something...bring out Halo 3 now
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:49
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Sorry if it's already been said but has anyone else heard the rumours that when Halo 2 was made it was too long a game (such a thing?) and so they split it into two seperate games. And that's why the ending is such a cliff hanger. So the second half of Halo 2 would be Halo 3.

Sounds extremely unlikely to me. :-/
Tue 16/11/04 at 12:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, because you make points about the most idiotic things - most people have fair gripes about the game, yet you wish that decent features were removed because you can't play with them anymore.

+

You suck. Simple.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.