GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Predator"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
Just saw it this afternoon. Good film, enjoyed it alot. A lot of tense moments. Not as good as Alien, but still good. I thought the special effects were pretty good (this film was made in 1987) and the Predator looked amazing, better than the awful Alien VS Predator version. You might as well watch Predator and Alien instead of AvP.
Sat 09/04/05 at 23:51
Regular
"8==="
I'd have edited it otherwise.
Sat 09/04/05 at 20:34
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It was deliberate.

Sure ;0)
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:56
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've seen a few screen shots of it and I'm afraid to say it doesn't look too promising. Some of the shots could be mistaken for a PSone game.

I would like to think that it can be put down to bad photography and that it will turn out fine, but with gaming's long and bumpy history with movie tie-ins, it doesn't seem very likely.
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:38
Regular
"8==="
Pandaemonium wrote:
>
> Ohhhhhhhhhh, that's gotta suck.

The gameplay sounds good fun. I'm keeping an eye on it.

It'll probably be a 'wait for it to be 15 quid' game but it has potential.
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I recently noticed a huge glaring AVP franchise mistake. Bill Paxton was in both Predator 2 and Aliens, even though they are set hundreds of years apart. He did of course play a different character, but it's still really lousy.
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> The sequel has spawned a game.
>
> It looks like they've used the engine for Duke Nukem: Zero Hour on
> the N64.
>
> That's Eurocom for you.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that's gotta suck.
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:10
Regular
"8==="
The sequel has spawned a game.

It looks like they've used the engine for Duke Nukem: Zero Hour on the N64.

That's Eurocom for you.
Sat 09/04/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chr1s wrote:
> I rather liked Predator 2. Obviously it wasn't as good as the first,
> but it was a worthy effort.

It's ok. Suffers from Danny Glover and "show more in the sequel"itis, but it's pretty fun. The Giger Alien head in the trophey cabinate at the end is partly the reason of the abysmal AvP.

Theres a scrip floating artound on the net for AvP, it's excellent (but would have been frighteningly expensive.)

here we are. [URL]http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/aliens_vs_predator.txt[/URL]

Excellent read, and the human / predator team in the AvP filmed is here too.

[edit] Ignore typos. Drunk............
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:05
Regular
"8==="
It was deliberate.
Sat 09/04/05 at 14:33
Regular
Oh, the irony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.