GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 16:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Just wondering really, who here is part of a band?

What sort of music you play and have you had gigs and stuff.

I've been in a band a few months, we're called High Decline, doing some metally/rock sort of thing, it's really quite good fun.

[URL]http://www.purevolume.com/highdecline[/URL] There's a recording on there (low quality, I appoligise) would be cool to get a little feedback from you.

and yes, that's my strangled-cat vocals.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
Always used Marshall.

I think our bassist is sponsored by Marshall and Stagg. Or a fanboy. Whatever
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
"bot"
You can't really say any amp "sounds" better than another since it's all subjective. Getting an amp because lots of pros use it doesn't mean it will suit your style or provide the sound you want.

IMO Orange amps are absolute sex but others will probably disagree.
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:33
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Zeus wrote:
> I'm afraid Laney are better.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Apart from the fact that a stck of Marshall's is INFINITELY more rock n roll than any other amp, which famous artists use Laney exclusively??? Marshall users on the other hand include Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Kerry King, Jimmy Page, and hundreds more I cant be bothered to listen. They must use em for a reason!!
Thu 07/04/05 at 13:49
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Me and my mates are trying to start a band, but no one can really be bothered at the moment.

One of my best mates is in one, they're doing pretty well as well.

www.overplay.co.uk/guile
Thu 07/04/05 at 08:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Yeah, thanks for raping my ear(edit: ears of course) and sounding like
> EVERY new teenage band in a 100 mile radius of my home.
>
> Do you mike (edit2: I don't even know the right thing to put) hug
> too?
> (No offence)

It's a "dynamic" mic which means you've gotta sing right into it or it wont pic you up, so yeah, sort of have to. I do it sexily though.
Thu 07/04/05 at 08:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> [URL]http://www.purevolume.com/highdecline[/URL] There's a recording
> on there (low quality, I appoligise) would be cool to get a little
> feedback from you.
>
> Awful.
> You can blame the recording quality to an extent, but it's decent
> enough to show that 1) your guitarist sucks balls 2) your drummer is
> absolutely terrible and 3) your bassist is also sub-par.

Heh awesome, I'm the vocalist :-)
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:08
Regular
I'm afraid Laney are better. I got my 40 watter for 30 greens off some suspicous 'carnie' type. He probably half-inched it off the back of a lorry, but hey, I haven't been charged.

:D
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:16
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
The vocalist is ok, but the guitar??? Sounds like it coming out of one of those 10 Watt amps you get free with the guitars from Argos!! Tell the boy to buy himself a Marshall, that'll set him straight :)
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:06
Regular
Sounds like you recorded it instrumental and dubbed the vocals over the top.
HUGE difference in quality there.

Sounds alright though.
She's got quite a voice.
Wed 06/04/05 at 14:13
Regular
"..."
Geffdof wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> Kawada won't be happy ;)
>
> We had the name before he did.

Doesn't always make a difference. I had the name 'Filter' before a certain American band did, my first release was even under that name... but because they had significantly more legal clout than me, I wasn't exactly going to argue...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.