GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 16:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Just wondering really, who here is part of a band?

What sort of music you play and have you had gigs and stuff.

I've been in a band a few months, we're called High Decline, doing some metally/rock sort of thing, it's really quite good fun.

[URL]http://www.purevolume.com/highdecline[/URL] There's a recording on there (low quality, I appoligise) would be cool to get a little feedback from you.

and yes, that's my strangled-cat vocals.
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:41
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
-_V wrote:
> metalhead, why aren't you playing at band night this friday? :'(

B-b-b-band night? What? Where? Eh?
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> IMO Orange amps are absolute sex but others will probably disagree.

I agree.

They cost a fair price mind.
Wed 13/04/05 at 01:57
Regular
Sheesh!
Pure Volume took their sweet time!

[URL]http://www.purevolume.com/tbastillthinkingofone[/URL]

Enjoy. :-)
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm part of a band that's lacking a drummer and a true singer, but we have made a couple of songs and stuff using loops and machines and stuff.

To give you an idea:

Imagine Chili Peppers (Californication stylee) meets Radiohead (Street Spirit stylee)

Basically light-ish, rhythmic riff heavy music, with plenty of accompanying riffs and repetitive drum beats. Mellow - active.

I create basically all the riffs and everything and have a say in the lyrics and the other band members respect my advanced ability at riff making, so it's all good.
:D
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:26
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
metalhead, why aren't you playing at band night this friday? :'(
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:23
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Zeus wrote:

>
> I was only saying that Laney are normally cheaper, I think
> that the sound quality is slightly better, probably no-one else does.
> I was only saying, no need to get defensive :p

Depends what kind of a sound you want, but since most guitar player go for rock, Marshall seem to have the desired tone for that style. My dad has (i think he still has it) the Laney 'Chrome-zone', its a 30 Watt Class A valve combo. I hate it, since its something like 4 clean channels and no OD, but for what he plays (Blues, acoustic stuff) its perfect. You gotta admit a Marshall stack looks the business though :D
Thu 07/04/05 at 21:40
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive got a Laney and it sounds top notch. It sounds better than my Marshall practice amp, but that isnt a fair comparison. If your on a budget then Laney is a good place to look.
Thu 07/04/05 at 21:21
Regular
metalhead wrote:
> Zeus wrote:
> I'm afraid Laney are better.
>
> I'm afraid you're wrong. Apart from the fact that a stck of
> Marshall's is INFINITELY more rock n roll than any other amp, which
> famous artists use Laney exclusively??? Marshall users on the other
> hand include Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Kerry King,
> Jimmy Page, and hundreds more I cant be bothered to listen. They must
> use em for a reason!!

I was only saying that Laney are normally cheaper, I think that the sound quality is slightly better, probably no-one else does. I was only saying, no need to get defensive :p
Thu 07/04/05 at 21:10
Regular
"lets go back"
Strafio wrote:
> Sounds like you recorded it instrumental and dubbed the vocals over
> the top.
> HUGE difference in quality there.
>
> Sounds alright though.
> She's got quite a voice.

Thats exactly how it was done. We havent got round to rerecording it yet tho.

Someone else siad about getting a better amp for the guitarist too. He's got a new one since that was recorded. In fact I think that was recorded without an amp at all, just plugged straight into the recording thing (dunno what its called, cos its not mine)

I'm looking forward to when we have some stuff done properly. Probably wont be until the summer, but I'll ask you all for feedback when its done.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:42
Regular
"bot"
Stagg. Urgh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.