GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 16:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Just wondering really, who here is part of a band?

What sort of music you play and have you had gigs and stuff.

I've been in a band a few months, we're called High Decline, doing some metally/rock sort of thing, it's really quite good fun.

[URL]http://www.purevolume.com/highdecline[/URL] There's a recording on there (low quality, I appoligise) would be cool to get a little feedback from you.

and yes, that's my strangled-cat vocals.
Fri 15/04/05 at 11:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ha. That's the first thing I noticed actually.
:)
Fri 15/04/05 at 01:33
Regular
It might have a bit more character once I get the words down.
Although it is supposed to be kind of repetitive.
More of a background/dance track you kind of "passively" absorb, rather than one you "concentrate" on.

Anysway thanks for that.
Even though my Bass playing didn't get a mention! :-P
Thu 14/04/05 at 23:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Emitime wrote:
> For a just using a laptop, that's pretty good quality.

Agreed except for the god awful noise the drums make.

> Get's a little repetetive though. Get a singer :P

Agreed again. I like the guitarists, and the drummer doesn't seem too bad. The music itself is of a decent standard, but due to the repetetiveness, I found it much like a backing track to a low budget computer game.

I found it pretty groovy. Very diffferent from "us".
Thu 14/04/05 at 21:13
Regular
"\\"
Strafio wrote:
> Anysway, anyone listened to my track yet?
> [URL]http://www.purevolume.com/tbastillthinkingofone[/URL]

For a just using a laptop, that's pretty good quality.

Get's a little repetetive though. Get a singer :P
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:34
Regular
"8==="
I use various programs. Making Waves, Fruity Loops, various VST instruments + a program that allows you to make them (Reaktor 3) and some Magix and Ejay products along with smaller things off coverdiscs etc. Breaking Ejay programs is fun.
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I use Logic Hit Kit. The full version is £699 ish, but I use a down graded version worth just under £30. Still does everything I could think you'd need for recording and producing a band's songs.
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:10
Regular
I'm not letting this go! :-P

PARADOX! WHERE HAVE YOU GONE??? :-)
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:04
Regular
The program I used was Magix Audio Studio.
Up to 24 tracks.
Drum loop and other synthesisers, you can put effects like an amp simulator and others (I've managed to find a combination of effects that make my voice sound good)!

The demo of mine below was recorded on the laptop.
It was just a recording through the internal mic, so it's not studio quality, and the mic was turned up to high so there was distortion on the drums thanks to the volume, but no so bad sounding considering. Sometime I'll upload some proper songs I've done properly on it.

Anysway, anyone listened to my track yet? [URL]http://www.purevolume.com/tbastillthinkingofone[/URL]
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:21
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Me and 2 of my really close friends have got a band.... call ourselves "AHN" stands for (Acoustic Hollow Numbers), as we only play Acoustic Emocore music, it sounds very good, and very natural, the downside is we only have 6 songs to fully call our own though.

Oh paradox, have you ever thought about turning your PC into a recording studio.... I brought a copy of "N-Track", and am able to plug Microphones and Guitars direct into my PC.... Get good recording sound... Its class, can get up to 128 different individual music tracks on one song, but mostly only use about 6....

Its a good start to cheaply record your own songs at a decent quality, without going to studios, plus you can also take all the time you need in the comfort of your own home
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I have a Demon amp and although it isn't the best all round rock amp, the bassy noise it gives out is sensational. It actually makes me want to play the bass, sometimes. But then I remember that's for losers.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.