GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pope Idol"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 13:14
Regular
So who do you want to be the next Pope?

I just wanted to use the title. Bet it's been done a thousand times before anyway
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Muh
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:10
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
*raises eyebrow*
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:55
"possibly impossible"
I did a Pope Idol topic on here many moons ago. Can't be bothered to go and find it, but I think it was possibly quite good...

Only possibly...
Mon 04/04/05 at 03:34
Regular
Well, I was saying something about black or white smoke a few posts ago, before the nonesense chimed in. Apologies to those who witnessed my lude comments, but some people really just need to lay off already. I'm always up for discussion on topics that I feel a passion for, this being one of them.

I disagreed with Mr. Thraves for posting this thread poking fun at the Papal seat for the sake of humour. I found it unbecoming of him to be fueling the fire of Pope ridicule around here. I thank him very much for the subsequent nolo contendere post he made with disclaimer. So I gave him a virtual hug...I love the guy, what can I say. Sue me.

Back to topic..

I always thought the selection process for the next Keeper of the Keys was an "heir to the throne" kind of thing. But, from what I understand, a whole buncha holy men gather and sequester themselves in the Vatican after the fifteenth day of the Pope's death and crunch candidates until one is selected by majority rule. Or something to that effect.

Then, they burn the holy selection papers (or some other holy docs) in some ancient oven and the smoke rises through the long stacks to inform the masses whether there is a new Pope (white smoke) or that they are still undecided (black smoke). Apparently, the Pope elect can decline the seat. So, nothing is really final until some coronation?

That's what I've gathered. Quite interesting. Of course, I'd post a more intellectual dissertation if this were in Life..
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Are you thinking of campaigning Grix?
Mon 04/04/05 at 10:45
Regular
Celestine wrote:
>> That's what I've gathered. Quite interesting. Of course, I'd post a
> more intellectual dissertation if this were in Life..

--

Oh, goody...
Mon 04/04/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Celestine wrote:
> Well, I was saying something about black or white smoke a few posts
> ago, before the nonesense chimed in. Apologies to those who
> witnessed my lude comments, but some people really just need to lay
> off already. I'm always up for discussion on topics that I feel a
> passion for, this being one of them.

Ever stop to think that others feel passion for views that oppose yours? And that they should no more "lay off" than you should douse your passion on the subject?

>
> I disagreed with Mr. Thraves for posting this thread poking fun at
> the Papal seat for the sake of humour. I found it unbecoming of him
> to be fueling the fire of Pope ridicule around here. I thank him
> very much for the subsequent nolo contendere post he made with
> disclaimer. So I gave him a virtual hug...I love the guy, what can I
> say. Sue me.

So...because you're a catholic, no-one should take the proverbial out of the papacy? I mean, you're welcome to register your distaste about it and all, but don't you think you're being...well, rather totalitarian minded?
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Are you thinking of campaigning Grix?

I'm putting the finishing touches to my letter of application.

No, really.
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:07
Regular
Mm..hello boys.
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:10
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Are you thinking of campaigning Grix?

No. He's already King.

[edit] It's given him a big enough head already...:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.