GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Russian Autocracy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 13:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
As far back as time (or textbooks at least) tell, Russia has always been autocratic. From your exhaustive intellects is this due to the fact it has always been an orthodox christian state which beleives in the supreme power of the Tsar and the divine right of kings, or is there another reason for it.

I know that post 1917 the communist regime made the country theoretically democratic, but as soon as Lenin died then Stalin took it back to autocracy again.

My question being, is there reasons other than religious ones that make Russia an autocratic nation?
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:48
Regular
Russia has pipelines that pipe oil.
There economy is based largely on oil and the extraction of other resources such as natural gas, it is said that in the near future Russia will be exporting much of its natural gas to England and America through pipelines.
Oil plays a major part, many of the tycoons that are connected with Russia have become rich through dabbling in the oil trade. Ambromovich?

They have a stable economy - Russia is even part of the G8.
The reason the people are generally poor is probably due to the Communism vs Capitalism ideas.

This was in reply to m_m's ideas.
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's geographic location probably doesn't help - crappy weather most of the time, which can't make for cheery living conditions. Look at countries like England, and middle to North America - rich because they've been able to establish themselves as farming/trading nations, which enabled industrial expansion. Middle-East countries around the equator are rich in oil, which is how they've managed to sustain their economy.

Food and oil, the two most essential things on Earth - Russia has neither to export to the extent of the Earth's main suppliers, so it will always be a poor, but large, sector of the World. That must contribute in some way to the general mood of the nation, and how they can be dominated by a central dictatorship that can supply all the food, clothing, jobs, money and vodka needed.

I think.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
Dunno.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
If so Mr. Munn, what be they?
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:12
Regular
Yes.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
As far back as time (or textbooks at least) tell, Russia has always been autocratic. From your exhaustive intellects is this due to the fact it has always been an orthodox christian state which beleives in the supreme power of the Tsar and the divine right of kings, or is there another reason for it.

I know that post 1917 the communist regime made the country theoretically democratic, but as soon as Lenin died then Stalin took it back to autocracy again.

My question being, is there reasons other than religious ones that make Russia an autocratic nation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.