GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Russian Autocracy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 13:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
As far back as time (or textbooks at least) tell, Russia has always been autocratic. From your exhaustive intellects is this due to the fact it has always been an orthodox christian state which beleives in the supreme power of the Tsar and the divine right of kings, or is there another reason for it.

I know that post 1917 the communist regime made the country theoretically democratic, but as soon as Lenin died then Stalin took it back to autocracy again.

My question being, is there reasons other than religious ones that make Russia an autocratic nation?
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
kevstar wrote:
> lenin got rid of them did he not?

Lenin sank the Kursk? What a cuntski!
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*sigh*

What I (not Gayboot of Magic Elfrealm) said was: "Russia has neither to export to the extent of the Earth's main suppliers". Never said they didn't have any, just not as much as countries full of brown people that don't have nuclear weapons stashed away in secret silos.
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:59
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I'm talking about the Russian revolution you idiot! Ok so it was monkey man, it still makes him wrong doesn't it. Are you saying the sailors wearn't the most feared opposition? When it was the sailors that helped lenin into power more than once. And because they were the most feared, lenin got rid of them did he not?
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:
> You lot should have watched the Russian revolution on telly last week,
> it was basically going on about how the sailors were the most feared
> lot in Russia in the early 1900s, and lenin battle against them. And
> as for Goatfaces claim that Russia has no oil, do some reserch.

1. It was Monkey Man, not Goatboy; do you just look at the colour of who posts due to lack of reading skills? If so, is that why you assume every other regular who disagrees with you must be "defending" me?

2. So if you saw it on your TV, it must be true? For a bunch of feared sailors, they did a p!ss poor job when they lost to the Japanese Navy in the early 1900's.

3. Being as how your "research" consists of watching channel 5 and reading The Sun, you'll pardon me if I point at you and laugh at the uneducated room-temperature-IQ melonhead that you are.
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:38
Regular
"Don't let me down"
You lot should have watched the Russian revolution on telly last week, it was basically going on about how the sailors were the most feared lot in Russia in the early 1900s, and lenin battle against them. And as for Goatfaces claim that Russia has no oil, do some reserch.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
The views of Catholism and Communism were similiar, the practices of the Communists and Fascists were similiar.
There were similarities.
Having the church at the centre of a political group/party would, like you said create the same political goal as the communists.

I know what I am on about, but can't really express it.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Lenin probably would've brought about Communism though, had he not died.

Stalin was mad on power and never really intended to give general civil freedoms.

The odd thing about what you said below is the Catholics in Germany joined with the conservatives against communism, which wouldn't be the case if they had similar goals. Unless the Catholic goal has the church as the centre, and communism the party.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:45
Regular
Communism and Catholism go hand in hand in terms of theories about the way people should be equal.

Also, Individualism was taken away by the Communist regime so everyone was the same - and worshiped Stalin and Lenin as dictators because they were the individuals people wanted to be.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:36
Regular
Yes, to a certain extent.
If democracy thrived in a state like Russia then the people would still not be better off.
Its down to them being an Eastern country - rich economy, poor population, unlike Western countries - such as ourselves where we have a rich economy and the population is generally well off.

Basically what monkey_man was saying about the geographical position of the country - I wouldn't say they lacked resources though.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
So basically the theory that people turn to extreme measures in desperate circumstances (which are natural in Russia due to the bad climate and lack of natural resources) is acted out by them either having a paternalist dictator, or striving for communism which has to be implemented autocratically and can be comandeered by powerhungery madman.

About right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.