GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Opinions plesh ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 20:42
Regular
Is Bit Torrent any good ?

I've just downloaded myself a Bit Torrent player, but I wanted to know how fast the downloading is and how much space (on average) would something like a 1.5 - 2.5 hour film take up?

How long would it take to download, keeping in mind that I have Dial-up Internet ? (not Broadband)

Cheers
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:24
Regular
I know, that's why it failed in the first place

*Right back at 'ya* :p
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
Zeus wrote:
> It was a joke, that obviously failed

oh it needed rewording to make sense :P
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:38
Regular
It was a joke, that obviously failed

It sounded like if anyone takes a video of you (personally) they get fined

Comprende?
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
Zeus wrote:
> So, if someone takes a video of you they can be fined?
>
> (People caught for movies including myself)

I'm not sure if you mean they download it off you or borrow it on a cd or something.

You can get caught very easily, the people i know that got caught as well were not getting the same film as me.
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:33
Regular
Chippxero wrote:

> Because i know alot of people that have been caught for movies
> including myself.

So, if someone takes a video of you they can be fined?

(People caught for movies including myself)
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:29
Regular
"Captain to you."
RoJ wrote:
> Where's your source of this material? How do you know you have a high
> chance of capture?

Because i know alot of people that have been caught for movies including myself.
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Where's your source of this material? How do you know you have a high chance of capture?
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:27
Regular
All sounds a little too much effort to avoid paying for movies, downloading music however, is no effort ...

... but that's terribly wrong ;)
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:25
Regular
"Captain to you."
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> but the chances of you being sued are practically zero.

no if your downloading movies you have a very high chance of getting caught.
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Calm down. Hundereds of thousand of people use the BitTorrent network every week; remembering it's a bit of software that links a network of users' computers and not a company. Some people who host sites have been forced to shut down, a very few have been sued, and a totally insignificant percentage of it's users have had actions taken against them.

Of course it's illegal, you shouldn't do it, and you'll probably make small kids die or something, but the chances of you being sued are practically zero.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.