GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats do prosper (apparently)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 16:23
Regular
Just before I start I am not complaining, no wait maybe I am. This is NOT a twisted and bitter complaint because I feel hard done by because I have not won GAD. Why do cheats win GAD. Ooops slip of the tongue, I meant the cheat entries not the people themselves, honest. Surely this is not right and makes no sense at all.

Some people try really hard in making their posts in these discussion forums really interesting in the hope that they might win GAD. Also sometimes people write a really brilliant and entertaining post which is really deserving of winning and instead a cheat entry wins the competition.

I am not saying that the cheats that win are rubbish, some are quite good but just how hard is it to put up these cheats? Most, if not all of the cheats posted have probably come out of a magazine or site on the net. This means that there is no effort involved in winning GAD with cheat entries, its just a simple matter of writing them down or cutting and pasting.

I mean its not as if the people who enter and win with cheats have actually made of found these cheats themselves because to do this you would most likely had to programme the cheats in yourselves, hands up who works for a multi-national games developer. Hmmmmm thought so. If I am wrong and you do make these cheats up yourself, (cough snigger cough) then I am sorry.

Right thats enough I think, don't want to upset anyone.
;-)
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:38
Regular
I know that I'd be happy to test out any cheats for games I've got for Special Reserve! And I'd do it for free cos I love gaming and it gives me an excuse to play games.

If you would like me to test any cheats, email me at [email protected] and I'll tell you all the games I've got and for which systems...
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:35
Regular
"You've upset me"
Err... No!

:-D
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Perhaps there should be one prize for submitting cheats and one prize for testing them? Though I can't think how this would possibly work.

Can You?
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Edgy wrote:
> The system really does need changing.

Maybe Special
> Reserve should employ someone to test the cheats. I heard that there was one site on teh web that was forced to close because cheats that were on it didn't work. It was information on the net proved to be false. So maybe Special Reserve should take some precautions...

> Oh and if any regulars on here post cheats that dont work, I think you should have either your status removed, or your membership from gameaday.

That's too negative Edgy. We would have to determine whether something was done deliberately first.
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
What about posting cheats to games that arent even out yet. Thatss got to be good. I have posted the Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec cheats. One to get the extra Profeesional Diffculty in arcade mode and the hold gears in AT.
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:01
Regular
I think that those punishments are a little harsh. I agree with how cheats should be tested first though.
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:00
Regular
Tony wrote:
The "tell us
> what you think" system on cheats is intended to allow the
> UKcheats users to mark down any cheats which don't work. There is
> still some improvement required on this and we should be deleting
> cheats which don't work.

The system really does need changing.

Maybe Special Reserve should employ someone to test the cheats. I heard that there was one site on teh web that was forced to close because cheats that were on it didn't work. It was information on the net proved to be false. So maybe Special Reserve should take some precautions...

Oh and if any regulars on here post cheats that dont work, I think you should have either your status removed, or your membership from gameaday.
Fri 25/05/01 at 21:58
You make a good point there Danuk.
Fri 25/05/01 at 21:54
Regular
I'd like to remind everyone that Special Reserve are giving away these games for FREE!

They are gifts. They have not been earnt.

If you don't win a game then that's SR's decision not yours.

Just write another great post and you might win next time.

I've made thousands of attempts to win games and only won 3 times. It's not the winning - it's the taking part that counts.

Please note, I am not sucking up to SR in any way in an attempt to win extra games ;-)
Fri 25/05/01 at 21:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The cheats posted without names were posted prior to the system changing. We are still catching up with these.

The "tell us what you think" system on cheats is intended to allow the UKcheats users to mark down any cheats which don't work. There is still some improvement required on this and we should be deleting cheats which don't work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.