GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats do prosper (apparently)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 16:23
Regular
Just before I start I am not complaining, no wait maybe I am. This is NOT a twisted and bitter complaint because I feel hard done by because I have not won GAD. Why do cheats win GAD. Ooops slip of the tongue, I meant the cheat entries not the people themselves, honest. Surely this is not right and makes no sense at all.

Some people try really hard in making their posts in these discussion forums really interesting in the hope that they might win GAD. Also sometimes people write a really brilliant and entertaining post which is really deserving of winning and instead a cheat entry wins the competition.

I am not saying that the cheats that win are rubbish, some are quite good but just how hard is it to put up these cheats? Most, if not all of the cheats posted have probably come out of a magazine or site on the net. This means that there is no effort involved in winning GAD with cheat entries, its just a simple matter of writing them down or cutting and pasting.

I mean its not as if the people who enter and win with cheats have actually made of found these cheats themselves because to do this you would most likely had to programme the cheats in yourselves, hands up who works for a multi-national games developer. Hmmmmm thought so. If I am wrong and you do make these cheats up yourself, (cough snigger cough) then I am sorry.

Right thats enough I think, don't want to upset anyone.
;-)
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:23
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Just before I start I am not complaining, no wait maybe I am. This is NOT a twisted and bitter complaint because I feel hard done by because I have not won GAD. Why do cheats win GAD. Ooops slip of the tongue, I meant the cheat entries not the people themselves, honest. Surely this is not right and makes no sense at all.

Some people try really hard in making their posts in these discussion forums really interesting in the hope that they might win GAD. Also sometimes people write a really brilliant and entertaining post which is really deserving of winning and instead a cheat entry wins the competition.

I am not saying that the cheats that win are rubbish, some are quite good but just how hard is it to put up these cheats? Most, if not all of the cheats posted have probably come out of a magazine or site on the net. This means that there is no effort involved in winning GAD with cheat entries, its just a simple matter of writing them down or cutting and pasting.

I mean its not as if the people who enter and win with cheats have actually made of found these cheats themselves because to do this you would most likely had to programme the cheats in yourselves, hands up who works for a multi-national games developer. Hmmmmm thought so. If I am wrong and you do make these cheats up yourself, (cough snigger cough) then I am sorry.

Right thats enough I think, don't want to upset anyone.
;-)
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:33
I'd watch out if I were you jd99, this topic has been brought up before and it caused quite a major debate if I remember rightly, so you will most likely have some people on you're pretty soon. Just letting you know.
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:34
Super Gohan wrote:
> I'd watch out if I were you jd99, this topic has been brought up
> before and it caused quite a major debate if I remember rightly, so
> you will most likely have some people on you're pretty soon. Just
> letting you know.

Sorry, that was supposed to be "on you're back pretty soon".
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:36
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Super Gohan wrote:
> Super Gohan wrote:
> I'd watch out if I were you jd99, this
> topic has been brought up
> before and it caused quite a major
> debate if I remember rightly, so
> you will most likely have
> some people on you're pretty soon. Just
> letting you
> know.

Not like it hasn't happened before ;-)
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
God, I'm not going through this again.
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> God, I'm not going through this again.

I am sorry I didn't know it had been done before. Just delete it I don't mind.
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I agree with jd99. I have written 2 stories which were quite good, and neither have won. Cheats winning is simply not fair. What are the chances of you finding out these cheats yourself? Being beaten by reviews I don't mind, but cheats is disgusting.

I can understand SR doing this as an incentive, but it's not fair. How about Best Cheat of The Day compo, which wins a PC game or a value game or something.

Tony: Please consider
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mr. Snuggly - are you a webby? If not, what do you do at SR?
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> God, I'm not going through this again.

Yeap, looks like it, all over again....

**er-no leaves the topic, and crosses the bridge**
Fri 25/05/01 at 17:40
It's a valid point - I think that a good discussion point (for example when I rambled and Edgy won for a stunning piece of wok in his cheat submission) should be more likely to win. But I have won for a cheat submission which kindly refrains from being there - a Uefa Striker cheat that's amazing, yet missing, and so I think maybe 'Cheat a Week'? I don't believe either that cheat submissions deserve a game prize, but definitely it would be wrong to exclude and so how about the best cheat each week wins a game up to the value of £15? I reckon that'd be a good plan

Dan2K1

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.