GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That funky new Gorillaz song."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 20:54
Regular
Gotta say I did find them quite hard to take seriously but I do love their new song. It's really funky, catchy, and the singing parts break up the rap bits really nicely. A big improvement from their old stuff.
Fri 08/04/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Have you heard Daft Punks new song? Robot Rock, its a discrace!

Liar!

It rawks man!
Fri 08/04/05 at 21:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Asher wrote:
> Get in the groove, ba da ba, get in the groove sunshine, ba da ba da
> ba da..
>
> That's sort of how their other single went.

I always thought it was "get the cool shoe-shine"

or "get the cool-tution" (like institution)

dunno why.

As for that other guy that said he hadn't heard many from the original, I'd say it is a nice mixture of different styles. Even including a spanish guitar old man rap thing.
Fri 08/04/05 at 19:46
Regular
Get in the groove, ba da ba, get in the groove sunshine, ba da ba da ba da..

That's sort of how their other single went.
Fri 08/04/05 at 14:27
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
They had a few other singles, didn't you hear them?

I just realised how long ago that album came out. I was doing year 10 work experience when that summer song (I forget it's name) was getting some serious radio play. Must be three years.
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, I like it a lot. Loads of really foul swearing hidden on it too, amusing to hear Radio1 play it
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:27
Regular
Is the first album any good? I've only heard Clint Eastwood.
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like The Gorillaz

And it is a sample of the C64 game I think, same as they sampled Day of The Dead on their 1st album for that "Hello? Hellllloooo?" bit, creepy
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:04
Regular
It's the girl. I've consulted Google and she is called Noodle. Albarn is called 2-D. The others are Murdoc and Russel. Anyway, it couldn't be Albarn. The song is about him longing to be free. I reckon, anyway. Love forever, love supreme...

Edit: You can stream the vid if you just [URL]http://fans.gorillaz.com/multimedia.php[/URL]
Fri 08/04/05 at 11:04
Regular
Yup.

To be fair, dangling your legs over the side of a floating flying island, with only a windmill behind you while strumming a guitar is a -pretty- damn cool place to be.

Like I said, reminded me of Skies of Arcadia, big floating islands (first one has a giant windmill on incidently) and flying pirate ships.

And is that person strumming the girl or is it Albarn? I couldn't tell, I've only seen it once.
Fri 08/04/05 at 10:54
Regular
I love the bit where the Albarn cartoon is looking longingly out of the window at the floating windmill and the girl member of the group is happily playing away on the guitar. Don't know exactly why.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.