GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ring Two"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 01:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ah, you know the drill by now.
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Damn, that little kid was eerie. And extremely ugly. Almost distractingly so. Not that I should be finding young boys attractive, but you get the drift.
Fri 01/04/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Ring
The Grudge
The Jap's Eye

All terrible films. Except that last one.
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Ah, you know the drill by now.
> [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Pfft that first paragraph of the review/rant is complete rubbish,

"the fact that the US version was a damn sight better and went some way to explaining elements that the original conveniently forgot about"

The originals are a complete story when you have watched them all, sure the story is completely different from the books but the originals at least got closer to them that the naf US version, what the funk was the thing about horses, in the remake?

The US version just made stuff up to allow people to follow it easily without them definatly having to do a follow-up to the film.

"Turns out I needn’t have worried too much. For starters, it’s a completely new storyline"

Yeah with quite a few scenes that are almost identical.

I don't really like reading a good book then seening a film made badly about it, but when another film is made badly based on the film based on the book it just gets silly.

-------------------------------

On a side note Ring the game for the dreamcast is about the closest media i have found to the original books apart from maybe the korean version of the film.

-------------------------------

If anyones interested this is one of my housemates websites, he has his dissertation animation up which is a trailer for a fictional Ring game. take a look.

EDIT: forgot to post the link

[URL]http://davidbowlesportfolio.tripod.com/id2.html[/URL]
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:19
Regular
"8==="
It was like a pop video I saw a while back.
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:19
Regular
Just watched the original sequel and the trailer for the western sequel suggests it is quite different.

Didnt find the first jap one to be any better than the western one. Maybe it depends upon which you saw first?
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hedfix wrote:
> It was the 'climbing the well' bit that broke it for me.
>
> That bit was not scary, but it was naff.

Thats one of the few bits i remember from the second film, memorable.
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:15
Regular
"8==="
It was the 'climbing the well' bit that broke it for me.

That bit was not scary, but it was naff.
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hedfix wrote:
> The original sequel (hur hur) was just on and it was a real mixed bag.
> Some bits were nice and scary and other bits reeked of dodgy
> stopmotion and claymation rubbish.

I thought it was supposed to be like that, i like Sadako's jerky way of moving.
Fri 01/04/05 at 02:10
Regular
"8==="
The original sequel (hur hur) was just on and it was a real mixed bag. Some bits were nice and scary and other bits reeked of dodgy stopmotion and claymation rubbish.

Not bad though.
Fri 01/04/05 at 01:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Ahh, original number 2 on right now. To hell with this.
Fri 01/04/05 at 01:06
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Urge to kill... rising...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.