GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ring Two"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 01:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ah, you know the drill by now.
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Damn, that little kid was eerie. And extremely ugly. Almost distractingly so. Not that I should be finding young boys attractive, but you get the drift.
Fri 01/04/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Emitime wrote:
> But Ring doesn't... So where does your like for that come from?

That was my point I did enjoy the films so i like them.

EDIT: Plus i had already read the story that they are based on.

You may have had similar experiences with music, tv and films.
Fri 01/04/05 at 16:02
Regular
"\\"
Chippxero wrote:
> I watch the film because they entertain me (surely that would be the
> point of it) alot more than most of the american films that i have
> seen. i don't like these run of superhero films that have been
> churned out, but i do enjoy a good story which alot of the japanese
> and korean films i have watched have.

But Ring doesn't... So where does your like for that come from?
Fri 01/04/05 at 16:02
Regular
How is an afternoon with Tim Henman scary? Anyway, the film's had fairly dire reviews all around, so I doubt I'll even go and see this one.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Don't forget the horse jumping off the boat.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
See, I quite liked the Ring but I did much prefer the remake. If only for the pictures that Samara conjured up with her mind; they were WAY cool!
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> And Japanese horror needs to give soggy girls with hair obscuring
> their face a break.

But the ring isn't a recent film, although that said i watched a korean film called 'dead friend' yesterday which had another girl with hair over her face as the main evil thing but still was a good film just because of the way they put it across.

Mr Snuggy wrote:
>Hmm, you wouldn't be one of the people I refer to in the first paragraph of >the review, would you? Face it, the original stank like month-old ass.

I watch the film because they entertain me (surely that would be the point of it) alot more than most of the american films that i have seen. i don't like these run of superhero films that have been churned out, but i do enjoy a good story which alot of the japanese and korean films i have watched have.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
OldBoy, now that's a flick. Brutal, funny, touching, shocking... pretty much has it all. Oh, and a man eating a live squid. Awesome f**kin' Wells.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> And Japanese horror needs to give soggy girls with hair obscuring
> their face a break.

"The Grudge" remake I recently was bored to tears by had exactly that.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The original was terrible, and the remake was terrible - just in English.
Just because something is Japanese, doesn't make it good.
Ring is dull and I'll never watch the sequel.
And Japanese horror needs to give soggy girls with hair obscuring their face a break.

Watch Old Boy instead. But that's Korean.
Still good though.
Although none of the "Tartan Extreme!!!!" crap that film students and virgins who like nunchakas buy.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:23
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Chippxero wrote:
> Pfft that first paragraph of the review/rant is complete rubbish,
>
> "the fact that the US version was a damn sight better and went
> some way to explaining elements that the original conveniently forgot
> about"

What's all the stuff about psychic powers and mind reading about then? And random legs appearing halfway through the movie? The significance of the ring shape is never explained (as it is in the remake) neither is how the existence of the video ever came to pass. I shouldn't have to watch other movies to fill in the blanks.

> "Turns out I needn’t have worried too much. For starters, it’s a
> completely new storyline"
>
> Yeah with quite a few scenes that are almost identical.

Some of the scenes might have been similar (caught the end of Ring 2 on TV and the well scene was similar) but it's still an all-new storyline.

Hmm, you wouldn't be one of the people I refer to in the first paragraph of the review, would you? Face it, the original stank like month-old ass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.