GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 03:13
Regular
Hi, ok so some of you may not like me being here, I am slightly different to all of you, oh and I'm a girl, but seeing as you fellas talk about games all the time (no offence, I love the PlayStation!) I thought maybe you >may< be able to help out with my slight 'problem'. K, I have a PlayStation, and it's great but teaming up with family I have to make the decision to which console or games machine we should buy my brother for his 21st - he lives in a flat with a couple of mates, and he's asked for something like this so I'm sure he'll be pleased! There's three of us at the moment putting in £50 each, we could ask around see if anyone else wants to help out so we could get some more, but for £150 which do you recommend - I really would be grateful and so would my brother! He has a snes, but wants something that he can show off to his mates lol! Thank you!!!!
Fri 25/05/01 at 03:13
Hi, ok so some of you may not like me being here, I am slightly different to all of you, oh and I'm a girl, but seeing as you fellas talk about games all the time (no offence, I love the PlayStation!) I thought maybe you >may< be able to help out with my slight 'problem'. K, I have a PlayStation, and it's great but teaming up with family I have to make the decision to which console or games machine we should buy my brother for his 21st - he lives in a flat with a couple of mates, and he's asked for something like this so I'm sure he'll be pleased! There's three of us at the moment putting in £50 each, we could ask around see if anyone else wants to help out so we could get some more, but for £150 which do you recommend - I really would be grateful and so would my brother! He has a snes, but wants something that he can show off to his mates lol! Thank you!!!!
Fri 25/05/01 at 07:52
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
£150 will easily get you a Dreamcast with quite a few games. New DC's are about £120 with a few games but these are not usually the best titles available. You could try buying one second hand from E-bay or a local ads paper. You should be able to pick up a 2nd hand dreamcast for around £60 this way. Games for this console are fairly cheap now due to Sega's new pricing stragety and this is the most powerful console that you could pick up for £150. The PS1 is less powerful as it is not a next-gen 128bit console. It is still pretty good though and is the best selling console at the present time I think. A brand new PS1 is around £100 with 4 games which is very good. It looks swish too.

Hope this has helped.
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
£150 will buy you a gamecube
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:15
Regular
The 'Cube wont be out for ages. Your best bet would be to buy a DC. It fits into your price range and there is n excellent selection of games available.

Alternatively, give him the money and let him buy waht he wants?
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:21
Regular
All it will buy you at the moment is a dreamcast. By september another £50 mill get you a PS2, and the Gamecube will be between £150-£199, but wont be out to next millenium over here!
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:24
Regular
Not ages YH, your just sounding bias to it.
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:26
Regular
Sniper wrote:
> Not ages YH

eh?
Fri 25/05/01 at 10:39
Regular
Buy a DC i would say but now it's being all to quiet after E3, we want GC!
Fri 25/05/01 at 11:04
Buy a Dreamcast and get around 6 games with it from Special Reserve for £139.99 and then keep a tenner for some food? The Dreamcast is a superb console - he'll be able to play online as well as surf the web (allbeit fairly slowly), and experience som classic games - it's the bargain of the year! Although I did tell everyone that ages ago. I wouldn't recommend the PS2, but luckily its too much at the moment, it will get better though!
Fri 25/05/01 at 11:46
Thanks fellas, so what are the best Dreamcast games & is it really, really good, all I know is that they sponsor Arsenal, so I guess they must be!!!! A GameCube would be a future Nintendo machine right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.