GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving Test Theory Thing Today (yes capitals)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 10:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
ARGHHHHH BLARGHHHH SCARYYYNNESSSS

and some bloke is still in my house taking doors off.

I think he's either a joiner or a gypsie.

GUH!
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:59
"period drama"
Ms NY wrote:
> How the hell do you do an emergency stop? Haven't learnt that yet
> either. People always ask, "Have you tried an emergency stop
> yet?!!!!!!!!" and.. I don't see the big deal. Just brake, no?!

Yeah, it is that simple. Dunno why people get so worked up about it.
You just brake pretty hard, push the clutch in when it bites, wait 'til you stop, then put the handbrake on, into neutral. Then put it in 1st and look around lots.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:57
"period drama"
You can't drive arond corners like that, "ooh, this is pretty sharp, I better turn full-on" you'll end up off the road.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
munn wrote:
> Parallel Parking seemed fine when I tried it with my dad earlier.
> The only problem is how much to turn the wheel, as he doesn't know.
>
> My instructor tells me like a full lock for sharp corners, 1 full
> turn for sweepign corners, but he hasn't told me how to do parallel
> yet.

Depends on the car my friend, different cars have different handling so some are more receptive to the wheel turning than others.

> If I go out every night with my dad this week (I only started going
> out on Sunday), then I should get my maneuvers down, and probably be
> taught it when my next lesson comes around on Monday.

Lucky git, my parents dont drive so I havent had that privallage.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:22
Regular
"cachoo"
Heh, ditto to all except I've only had 5 hours. Or 4 hours and about 48 minutes.

Tried doing a three point turn twice the other day but failed miserably. Tried it again in my own car and stalled for the first time ever.. which I can only guess that my instructor is secretly using the pedals on his side to keep me from stalling.. :-/ But managed to pick it up. Not so bad after a while.

How the hell do you do an emergency stop? Haven't learnt that yet either. People always ask, "Have you tried an emergency stop yet?!!!!!!!!" and.. I don't see the big deal. Just brake, no?! :)

My speed's not so good either. He keeps telling me off for various reasons:
Driving into a street and not releasing the accelerator on the corners.. But I don't notice!
Driving 40mph in a 30. But that's his car's fault for feeling too smooth.
Driving over ramps too fast - but I think he's just worried cause it's his car.
A reason for each, but he doesn't understand. :)
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:20
Regular
Parallel Parking seemed fine when I tried it with my dad earlier.
The only problem is how much to turn the wheel, as he doesn't know.

My instructor tells me like a full lock for sharp corners, 1 full turn for sweepign corners, but he hasn't told me how to do parallel yet.

If I go out every night with my dad this week (I only started going out on Sunday), then I should get my maneuvers down, and probably be taught it when my next lesson comes around on Monday.

It's the last lesson in the block (double lesson, because I learn more, as I don't spend as much time driving to and from the craphole that is Paisley), so I'll probably get another 10, and if I drive with my dad until those lessons are done, I should manage to pass my test by the beginning of June, for sure.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
Got my manouvers pretty sorted, paralell park is the easiest one once you get the nack of it mate.

I usually get bitched at for not checking my mirrors often enough. Pfft.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:06
Regular
I haven't taken my theory yet.
It's all easy.

It's only when something stupid that you never need to know comes up that I get it wrong (In the practice tests, obviously).

"When a tram is moving at a velocity equal to the width of your windscreen, which arm signal should you make?"

Errr, my car has indicators, arm signals are for old people.

I've had 18 lessons, but, I have a crappy instructor who only gives 50 minute lessons, so that only equates to 15 hours.

I've done everything except Parallel parking (which I've tried in my own car), and Emergency Stopping (Which I've no idea why I haven't tried yet).

I'm amazing at everything else, though I'm often reprimanded for the following things:

Driving too fast (32 mph in a 30 zone).

Approaching junctions with too much speed (Yet I stop before I reach tehm, or I'm in 1st/second gear and creeping forward)

Cutting corners (because I'm so far out on teh road because people in Paisley don't know how to park in driveways, they jsut park on the side of the road. It should be illegal)

Driving over the white lines (For the reason before, and that I'm avoiding the potholes because Paisleys roads have never been properly repaired. Ever)

That's all though.

Oh, and occasionally forgetting to check my blindspot when I already know there's nothing there because it's MY street, where there's NO-ONE.

Oh and every so often I brake too late coming into unmarked junctions (Because Renfrewshire Council are too cheap to paint lines on the roads).

I still think I could pass my test if I took it now.

And even though I haven't been taught Emergency Stops (which is stupid, what if I need it whilst I'm learning?), they're easy too, I think. Never tried them before.
Wed 06/04/05 at 12:57
Regular
"the burning sky"
Got full marks on the multiple choice questions and 63 out of 75 in the hazard perception, which is my highest score ever. (Always got around the 50's in the practice ones.) Lost a couple of points on the hazard perception. Thought my two hazard clip had already come up, and was on the last question. Bunch of sheep came up, clicked, and wasnt expecting another set, but managed to click in reasonable time. Still passed, so Yay!
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:34
"period drama"
Me too.
Go team.
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I got 100%
I am smart

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.