GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sound..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 01:39
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
My brother formatted my PC..now it's got no sound.

How do I find out what sound card I have so that I can download some stuff to make my PC make some noises.

:o)
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:39
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
My brother formatted my PC..now it's got no sound.

How do I find out what sound card I have so that I can download some stuff to make my PC make some noises.

:o)
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:41
Regular
What operating system are you running, XP?
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Yeah, my brother installed windows xp professional
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:54
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
If you right click my computer on the desktop and go to properties, a panel should open. If you click the hardware tab, and then scroll down it should have your sound card on the list with like a red error sign next to it.
It should say what make the sound card is.

(I think, i'm a mac user, can hardly remember all that driver installation nonsence)
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:54
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Double post.
oops.
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:55
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Chad Niga wrote:
> Double post.
> oops.

I forgive you :o)
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:57
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
That don't work :o(
Wed 30/03/05 at 01:59
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Damn.

I fixed someones computer once because there sound card wernt working, just like this case, after reformatting it just wouldnt recognise or install.
They had to buy a new one. It was pretty old anyway, i think it just went kablooie.
Wed 30/03/05 at 02:01
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
:'(

My brother and best friend can help, but I can't wait til morning :o)
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:05
"Dark FX"
Right click 'My computer', go to properties, then the hardware tab. Then go to 'Device Manager'. Expand the 'Sound, video and game controllers' it should say there

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.