GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sound..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 01:39
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
My brother formatted my PC..now it's got no sound.

How do I find out what sound card I have so that I can download some stuff to make my PC make some noises.

:o)
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:55
Regular
Can't be assed.
Thu 31/03/05 at 12:01
Regular
"NULL"
CBA?

Can't Be *****
Confusion By Acronym
Could Be Anything
Could Be All
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Cost Benefit Analysis
Council for British Archaeology

???
Thu 31/03/05 at 11:57
Regular
CBA reading the rest of the posts but have you tried finding Hardware drivers through Windows Update?
Thu 31/03/05 at 08:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
May be onboard sound. A motherboard driver CD would help.
Thu 31/03/05 at 03:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Puddin, before you open it up look at the back of the computer and look for where the speakers are plugged in is it far down the case or is it on the vertical bit on the left about half way down? this will tell use if it's a card or not.

If it is on the vertical bit have a look on the front of the computer and see if it has a model name and what the make is, then drivers should be easy to find.
Thu 31/03/05 at 02:33
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Yeah, do as Nimco says: take a look at the back of the PC - assuming that it's a tower case or variant of (stands up tall like, well, a tower) you should see anything between three and seven horizontal metal plates, usually at the bottom of the case - these are your PCI expansion slots (although the top one is usually AGP ). If your sound device is a seperate soundcard then it will occupy one of these (look for wherever it is you plug your speakers into, usually a lime green headphone socket). If the sound device in your computer is built onto the motherboard then the speaker socket will be higher up, by the printer/usb/various other sockets.

Also, what make is your PC, or did someone build it themselves? Do you know the model number?
Thu 31/03/05 at 02:09
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
one would..but it's not.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:48
Regular
"NULL"
Possibly, but if the PC was just formatted, then it is quite possible no cables would have been removed, and since it was working before, one would expect it to work now.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
Most likely is that they have been plugged in the wrong way round or something.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:40
Regular
"NULL"
You mean you couldn't see it inside the case?

OK, try this, look on the back of the case where your speakers are plugged in.

Can you describe where abouts on the back of the case they are plugged in? Is it near where the keyboard and mouse are plugged in - i.e. in that rectangular section with lots of plugs in?

Or is it lower down in a one of the metal strips going across the back of the PC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.