GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Veritas party?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Don't let me down"
[URL]http://www.veritasparty.co.uk/[/URL]

Well I thought i'd at least check out his 101 lies section, interesting.
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:53
Regular
Light wrote:
> See, that's where I disagree. I've tried that tack before, and people
> like him tend to crow "you see! I knew I was right"
> HA!".

:-)
Maybe a slight exaduration on my behalf. ;-)

> You're right, they do get defensive. Mainly cos they start
> from the point of "I am right. How can I prove it.". Anyone
> with an interest in debate starts with "What is the available
> information? Based on that information, what is my view?"

Yeah. It's an easy trap to fall into though.
I know I find myself falling into it from time to time, but I guess that's all the more reason to keep check on yourself and be ready to review what you're saying and thinking and scrap it if you've gone off the rails.

Also, I bet it's easier to notice when someone starts on that road when you're looking in from the outside, so you can add it to your list of "things not to do".

So in backing people into their corner, I guess you're educating us all, you preachy get! :-P
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:

> I think it's always been hard for a 1st gen immigrant to intergrate,
> thats obvious isn't it?

Which has what to do with saying "Just look at him" when judging someone's nationality?

But you're right; it is hard for 1st generation immigrants to integrate. People like you make it harder.

>
> I've gave reasons for my choice of words.

And I've dissected those reasons, and given further reasons why they're self-delusion.

>
> You don't need to know the system to know what abuses are going on.

Course you don't kevstar. Course you don't...

> I explained my reason.

Yes. And many many other people have said "But kevstar; the reason you've given is racist".

>
> Well considering you posted a link from the Gaurdian about views on
> immigration only a few weeks back shows my point, do you remember now
> or do you want me to hunt it out for you?

Go for your life my dear boy. I don't deny reading the Guardian. That's one of the wide range of sources I read. Difference being, I don't treat it as holy writ as you do with The Sun. And I'm sure you'll now post something along the lines of "you posted this as pro-immigration!! You MUST believe it!!". And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but posting a link doesn't mean I believe it. If it did, you'd obviously believe that immigration was fantastic for the country based on the first link you posted.

Well done for calming down a little. Despite myself, I'm impressed.
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:48
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> The thing is though, I have mixed with different races at work, but
> my point being that there not really the people I regard as close
> friends or people i'd call in times of need.

So you don't get as close to them as people you've known all your life?
Isn't there a billion native English people like that too?
You fall into relationships with people, some get closer to you than others. But just because you haven't gotten that close to someone who's an immigrant yet (and seeing as few immigrants are going to be your age) does that mean that people don't connect to them in general?

I think that's worth thinking through a bit.

> I also agree with you're
> point about 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants, but it's theese people
> who would essentially be british in every way but origin which makes
> it easier for them to intergrate.

Hmmm...
Sounds like you're a bit more impatient than racist.
Still, that's more your problem than theirs.
They're here to make a living, most try to make it honestly too, and sure they might not be the most social of people as a result of culture difference, but is that a requirement to live in this country?

In most ways I feel the same way about this as you, except for one thing:
You'd rather they weren't around and don't like how some of them can damage the economy. The thing is though, I see it that we in our affluent ways damage the economy in so many ways more and hardly use it efficiently. What's more, we've all been born in cushy numbers and are gifted with relatively easy lives and education.

These people have travelled hard from poverty, suffering, disease and persecution and merely want to make their way in life. Even if they break the laws and enter the country unlawfully, the chances are that they're still going end up working harder than we are and barely managing to live with the things that we take for granted.

The crimelords and ones who abuse the system out of unwillingness to work rather than just trying to survive, they're a lot more like to be second or third generation, which means as we both agree, that they're practically British.

Sure, there are still immigrants who are bad news, but they're small fish compared to all the other problems. But a lot of politics is about them.
Why? Because it appeals to people's subconcious racism, unease about "different" people combined with "facts" about how some of them cause us problems.

The thing is, it's an old trick and we should be educated enough to see past it by now, we should know better. I think that's where everyone disagrees with you.
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Strafio wrote:

> On a side note, Light man, you need to work on your educating
> methods. :-)
> Sure, you're only trying to get people to think for themselves rather
> than believe everything the tabloids/Bible tells them, but you know
> you only beat them down to the point where either:
>
> a) They get so defensive that they just become that
> "anti-Light" and will just disagree with everything you
> say. I reckon if you were to suddenly switch to getting rid of
> "darkies" then Kevstar would flip and start calling you a
> compassionless racist. Heck, if you told Belldandy that Bush was now
> "the biz", he'd turn Democrat in the flash of an eye-lid,
> or atleast say that Bush has let down the line of strong Republican
> leaders.

See, that's where I disagree. I've tried that tack before, and people like him tend to crow "you see! I knew I was right" HA!". You're right, they do get defensive. Mainly cos they start from the point of "I am right. How can I prove it.". Anyone with an interest in debate starts with "What is the available information? Based on that information, what is my view?"

>
> b) They get so overwheled that instead of now thinking for
> themselves, they're sorry they ever thought anything at all (you KNOW
> this one's happened! :-D). After that they'll just agree with you
> because they have no idea else what to do anymore. You ARE the new
> Bible! :-D

Hey, if it gives me Fagin-like power over people's minds, I'm cool with that!
(Note to the hard of thinking; that was a joke)
>
> c) They just get fed up and walk away. How are you going educate them
> now?
>
>
> I know, you're just having a little fun with ignorant people, but
> still! :-P

Heh. Yeah, a fair point in relation to Celestine. With kevstar, I spent a good few weeks arguing properly. When it became clear that he was going to clamp his hands over his ears and refuse to listen to anything that suggested immigration may be good, I just thought "Ah; so he's a bigot" and started having fun with him.

I don't know what it would take to wash away kevstars ignorance and racism, but whatever it is isn't going to happen on a web forum. So in the meantime, he's my way of relieving stress at work. Really, he's better than any stressball invented.
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Light wrote:

>
> Although when people say "He can't be british, just look at
> him", and insist that it's not natural for different races to
> mix, that does make it difficult to integrate, no?

I think it's always been hard for a 1st gen immigrant to intergrate, thats obvious isn't it?

>
> As i've always said and will keep
> saying, that I don't have a problem with immigrants,
>
> Such a shame your other words show differently, isn't it?

I've gave reasons for my choice of words.
>
> it's the abuses
> in the system thats my concern.
>
> The system you don't understand you mean?

You don't need to know the system to know what abuses are going on.
>
> And because i've raised my concern
> about the abuses going on, Lights somehow twisted it into some sort
> of racism thing.
>
> Mm, and it was so difficult to twist when you say things like
> "they always keep to themselves" and "immigrants are
> lazier than British people".

I explained my reason.
>
> But hey, thats what you'd expect from someone who
> gets his views from the Gaurdian.
>
> Mwahahahahahaaaa! Based on the article I posted from Ananova you
> mean? Heh. You seem to be assuming that, like you, I believe
> everythnig I read in the newspaper. Happily due to my possession of a
> brain, I like to read a wide range of sources. Do you understand dear
> boy, or would you like to spend a little more time doing stuff such
> as, oh I dunno, avoiding addressing the fact that you've shown yet
> again that you don't even read the posts before replying in a frenzy
> of froth?

Well considering you posted a link from the Gaurdian about views on immigration only a few weeks back shows my point, do you remember now or do you want me to hunt it out for you?
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:31
Regular
Kevstar, I think I'll lay the point you seem to be missing.

Yes, you are right. The immigration and asylum system isn't flawless, it has problems, it has abuses, it needs working on. People are working on it.
How to fix it, well some people have the idea of being harsher on it, but won't that just make more people "dodge" it and make it even less controlled than before? So Light says that there should be a proper look into it to see what's going on. I'm surprised you never agreed with that one... or are you that sure that you've grasped the entire situation completely and know all the solutions? :-S

Another thing is that you are making a large deal over it, and papers like then Sun and News Of The World do, but the thing is that in the world of our problems it's a VERY small fish.

EVERY system has it's problems, EVERY system has it's abuses, most a lot more serious than any problems we have with immigration. But it's the immigration problems that seem to come to the forefront of everyone's mind.
This is kind of down to racism.

You know what, I'm hating is this whole political stigma attached to racism. It is politically incorrect to be homophobic or racist.
The thing is, these things aren't things you specially choose to be, they're just words to reflect how you naturally feel over things.
I don't like how people say it's "vile" or "evil" to be a racist or homophobe, because it's neither. It's just plain ignorance.

People shouldn't be hassled for being ignorant.
I mean, sure it's a weakness and the last thing you need is someone ignorant in charge of things, but some people go mental at you and are disgusted at you for it... I don't think it solves anything.
All it does is make people hide from the political tag "racist".

The BNP: "We are not racist. We are a serious political party who merely wants tighter controls on asylum and immigration"*

*Not an actual quote but what you'd typically expect from their "politically correct" manifesto.

At the end of the day, racism is just a form of ignorance, like materialism or fundamentalism, and if you start telling some rich person off for being materialist, you're just going to get the diamond ringed finger (I know that's what I'd give you! :-P).
Now racism, materialism, fundamentalism, they can all lead to bad things which you've keep people in line for (like discrimmination or exploitation) but the feelings that it stemmed from, you can't erradicate them without mind control... and forcing people to be politically correct isn't helping, especially as so much of it is a load of bull.

I mean Kevstar is right in some ways, there are a lot of differences between races and cultures, and people might find it hard to mix with people from other cultures, so it can seem.
But people adapt, evolve.
But people have to adapt and learn in their own time.
Having political correctness shoved down their throats will just have them even more defensive and maybe putting on a political correct face, but still being just as racist, perhaps even more, on the inside.

On a side note, Light man, you need to work on your educating methods. :-)
Sure, you're only trying to get people to think for themselves rather than believe everything the tabloids/Bible tells them, but you know you only beat them down to the point where either:

a) They get so defensive that they just become that "anti-Light" and will just disagree with everything you say. I reckon if you were to suddenly switch to getting rid of "darkies" then Kevstar would flip and start calling you a compassionless racist. Heck, if you told Belldandy that Bush was now "the biz", he'd turn Democrat in the flash of an eye-lid, or atleast say that Bush has let down the line of strong Republican leaders.

b) They get so overwheled that instead of now thinking for themselves, they're sorry they ever thought anything at all (you KNOW this one's happened! :-D). After that they'll just agree with you because they have no idea else what to do anymore. You ARE the new Bible! :-D

c) They just get fed up and walk away. How are you going educate them now?

I know, you're just having a little fun with ignorant people, but still! :-P
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:29
Regular
Did anyone catch the Kilroy Lives With the Gypsies program last night on C4? I wanted to, but I prefer University Challenge, to be honest.

Was he nice and bigoted? Or were the Romanies all twee and stage-managed?
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:

> The thing is though, I have mixed with different races at work, but
> my point being that there not really the people I regard as close
> friends or people i'd call in times of need.

Well, no you wouldn't. You're a racist.

> I also agree with you're
> point about 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants, but it's theese people
> who would essentially be british in every way but origin which makes
> it easier for them to intergrate.

Although when people say "He can't be british, just look at him", and insist that it's not natural for different races to mix, that does make it difficult to integrate, no?

> As i've always said and will keep
> saying, that I don't have a problem with immigrants,

Such a shame your other words show differently, isn't it?

> it's the abuses
> in the system thats my concern.

The system you don't understand you mean?

> And because i've raised my concern
> about the abuses going on, Lights somehow twisted it into some sort
> of racism thing.

Mm, and it was so difficult to twist when you say things like "they always keep to themselves" and "immigrants are lazier than British people".

> But hey, thats what you'd expect from someone who
> gets his views from the Gaurdian.

Mwahahahahahaaaa! Based on the article I posted from Ananova you mean? Heh. You seem to be assuming that, like you, I believe everythnig I read in the newspaper. Happily due to my possession of a brain, I like to read a wide range of sources. Do you understand dear boy, or would you like to spend a little more time doing stuff such as, oh I dunno, avoiding addressing the fact that you've shown yet again that you don't even read the posts before replying in a frenzy of froth?
Tue 05/04/05 at 12:18
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Strafio wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> That does not mean i'm racist for saying that, not one bit. I say
> it's unatural because of one reason, it is, in normal situations.
> How
> many people can say there close friends are all different race, or
> even at least one of there friends are a different race?
>
> Dude, that IS racism right there.
> I think I sort of see what you're saying.
> It can be more difficult for people of different cultures to mix, but
> you're saying, "because it's not as easy, we're not even going
> to try, having NONE of it".
>
> Also, even though these immigrants can seem a little alien when they
> come in to the country, their kids that are born and raised here are
> "almost" as English cultured as a native kid, and the third
> generation are pretty much English through and through.
>
> The thing is, by then they're just as affluent and lazy as the rest
> of us, so that's why we need fresh immigrants with a good work ethic.
> :-)

The thing is though, I have mixed with different races at work, but my point being that there not really the people I regard as close friends or people i'd call in times of need. I also agree with you're point about 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants, but it's theese people who would essentially be british in every way but origin which makes it easier for them to intergrate. As i've always said and will keep saying, that I don't have a problem with immigrants, it's the abuses in the system thats my concern. And because i've raised my concern about the abuses going on, Lights somehow twisted it into some sort of racism thing. But hey, thats what you'd expect from someone who gets his views from the Gaurdian.
Tue 05/04/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I do so enjoy it when you prove that you don't even bother to read what is posted...

Light wrote:
> Oh, and I provided the link to emphasise that I had already given
> links, and you had simply ignored them. Which further demonstrates
> your ignorance and bigotry; you refused to read something that wasn't
> anti-immigration.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.