GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spare Reading Ticket(s)...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 12:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
So, went down to HMV in Portsmouth, queued up for about half an hour, and they sold out after about the first 10 people or so. People buying about 4 tickets each, despite a mates assurances that it was one ticket per person, which to be honest would have been a much better idea...

Anyway, wondering if anyone has a spare Reading ticket (or three) that we could buy... Don't especially want to pay the £200 each they're asking on Ebay... Anyway, reply here or give me an Email... Chars.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
New Transplants album out this year. I want to say June but I'm not certain.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:16
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmm... Transplants playing... could be interesting. Had no idea they were still playing shows. Kinda thought they just played a few shows in the US around the time their album came out, then they wouldn't play any more until / unless they released another album, given that they're just a side project for all the members...

Also Dropkick Murphys. Not a big fan, but can't go wrong at a Summer festival.
Mon 04/04/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Seeing as festival season is fast approaching I thought I'd invest in some drunken amuesment. In the past I've opted for novelty hats and giant beachballs. As for this year? [URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11742&item=5966769643&rd=1[/URL]

Worked out at around £6.50 with P&P added on. Not bad as they're usually around £9.99 plus postage.

I saw someone with one on holiday last year and it looked pretty fun. If I can get some helium it will be even better and then I can play with the gas itself too.
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
New Reading bands ho! [URL]http://www.nme.com/news/111925.htm[/URL]

Nothing too exciting but at least it spices things up a bit (i.e. not all indie) and I wouldn't mind seeing Roots Manuva as I missed him last year.
Fri 01/04/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It's in Steventon, South Oxfordshire. Only a short drive away from my house. You can get to it by bus from Oxford city centre. It's only a village festival but it keeps on growing.

[URL]http://www.truckfestival.org/index.php[/URL]

Yeah I'd quite like to see Yourcodenameis:Milo. Be a good chance to check out some bands that I'm not aware of and it's another opportunity to live in a tent for a few days.
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I really wish I was into all that yourcodenameis:milo stuff (all roads to fault was pretty decent) because all the concerts are so damn cheap.

It's just a pity that Biffy Clyro ruin any chance of any of their songs being good by screaming at the end for no reason.

Still... (l)57(l)
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:47
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Joe Dark wrote:
> I stumbled upon this site
> [URL]http://www.scarletmist.com/default.asp[/URL], they are selling
> sold out festival and gig tickets at face value.

That looks like an awesome site, they have a little article thing against Ebay allowing touts to sell festival tickets.

Yeah, but they have no Reading tickets at the moment, and if they do they'll go very quick. If they don't release any more I'll just go to the ticket booth on site as early as possible.

[EDIT] - BTW where / when is that Truck thing? Haven't heard of half the bands, but they have Jetplane Landing and Biffy Clyro... and I've heard good things about yourcodenameis:milo...
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yep saw that earlier and was shocked. They really pulled through this year and there's still 80 acts or so to announce. £27.50 for the weekend. Fantastic!
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:23
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Truck is bloody brilliant.

Line-up:

Biffy Clyro
Black Nielson
Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez
Editors
Fonda 500
Goldrush
Hondo Maclean
Jetplane Landing
Jim Moray
Neil Halstead
Patrick Wolf
Piney Gir
The Schla La Las
The Magic Numbers
Towers Of London
Trademark
yourcodenameis: milo

Biffy and Magic Numbers headlining.
Thu 31/03/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah the ticket stand is always there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.