GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbies Corner"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 18:55
Regular
Are you Newbies tired of some of the Regulars saying stuff about us?? Frankly, I am!! I respect most of the regulars but some others are just plain stupid. We were all Newbies in the beggining, weren't we?? So why do they do it? Some may say that I am stupid, childish and taking things to seriously and I accept their judgement. But why oh why do they do it? I am desperatly struggling to become a Regular like the others. But it takes time and effort. I am putting all my time and effort into this because I think that it is a really cool idea to have this kind of "chat" that gives away free games as bonuses. I signed up immediatly so i could talk to people and see how good I was at writing stuff about games. I really enjoy this place and I enjoy writing to most people, but it is those that say "whip the Newbies" and stuff. We can't help being Newbies, now can we?
I am in real hope of winning a copy of Donkey Kong because, basically I live in the middle of nowhere and have nothing to do except play my N64. But since I joined up here I have something to keep me occupied. I try night and night again to win something, but always seem to be beaten by a Regular. Why????? I think that I do quality winning work and I spend hours writing Reviews and coming up with disscusion topics but I am always beaten why??
Thu 24/05/01 at 21:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
There are old regulars and there are bold regualars but there are no old, bold regulars.

(one was STOMPED on the kitchen floor trying to steal my sugar and the other was killed in about a thousand different way in a thread called "How to kill SNIPER - again")
Thu 24/05/01 at 21:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
There's no doubt in my mind:

1. Newbie prodding is fun (wish I could do it).

2. Newbies have the exact same chance of winning as anybody else.

Go for the Extra Gameadays Banjo

Off he trots on his wearing way trudging along with strange music playing all around him and a strange feeling that he is being watched.
Thu 24/05/01 at 21:02
"High polygon count"
Aha! An 'old' regular!
Thu 24/05/01 at 20:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
The reason you're NOT winning GAD is because it's obvious that you are trying so dam hard.

With my first few posts I was trying to win. But when I didn't I just thought "f...orget it!" :-)

I just immersed myself in the forums and really started enjoying myself.

Then I won, which wasa complete suprise.

Just don't try and you'll win
Thu 24/05/01 at 20:53
"High polygon count"
I notice that no 'old' Regulars have posted here yet... only 'new' Regulars!

Personally I rarely notice who's a Newbie and who's not; I read the post, and if I want to reply, then I note who made the post.

The only other time I really pay attention is if the post is complete dross; then I make a mental note, and possibly steer clear of that person's posts. Unless they are a repeat offender, like cheatguru; though I admit he has got better recently.

You're right, of course, when you say that we were all newbies once. But when we were, there was no 'ranking' system to label us as such! :-)

Anyway... welcome to the forums, and don't *try* for the GAD/FAD wins. You'll find you write much better stuff when you're not concentrating on winning.
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:31
Regular
Who me, no just some of them!!
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:28
How long have you been here? 7 days and you're all ready tired of regulars??
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:21
Regular
And thats the second opening for trouble, backing down so easily, but then again there isn't much there to defend.

Kazooie wrote:
> I apolagize to all u Regulars. I hide my head in shame.:(
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:19
I apolagize to all u Regulars. I hide my head in shame.:(
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:17
Regular
Buy a PS2 then!

Kazooie wrote:
> jd99 wrote:
> You should just take the abuse as it comes. Btw
> don't swear at
> regulars, I did and all my words were taken
> away-not a good idea in
> hindsight ;). There is not much point
> in setting up this newbie
> corner as you are just conceding
> defeat. Oh and the GAD is not
> rigged in case you were
> wondering-some newbies do win. I suggest
> you try to win the
> FAD first as it is easier. Good Luck

Thing is, I don't have a
> DVD player yet!?!?!?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.