GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbies Corner"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 18:55
Regular
Are you Newbies tired of some of the Regulars saying stuff about us?? Frankly, I am!! I respect most of the regulars but some others are just plain stupid. We were all Newbies in the beggining, weren't we?? So why do they do it? Some may say that I am stupid, childish and taking things to seriously and I accept their judgement. But why oh why do they do it? I am desperatly struggling to become a Regular like the others. But it takes time and effort. I am putting all my time and effort into this because I think that it is a really cool idea to have this kind of "chat" that gives away free games as bonuses. I signed up immediatly so i could talk to people and see how good I was at writing stuff about games. I really enjoy this place and I enjoy writing to most people, but it is those that say "whip the Newbies" and stuff. We can't help being Newbies, now can we?
I am in real hope of winning a copy of Donkey Kong because, basically I live in the middle of nowhere and have nothing to do except play my N64. But since I joined up here I have something to keep me occupied. I try night and night again to win something, but always seem to be beaten by a Regular. Why????? I think that I do quality winning work and I spend hours writing Reviews and coming up with disscusion topics but I am always beaten why??
Tue 29/05/01 at 18:29
Regular
Oh yeah there is one other thing i dislike i don't like the prodding newbie thing
Tue 29/05/01 at 18:15
Regular
Kazooie the reason some of the regulars treat you badly is because the way you treat them you try to turn newbies against us. We had lots of respect for you and then you go and gather all the newbies you can find, turn them against us and now you are trying to purswade us to like you you've got a nerve.

You are now thinking this is a fine example but let me tell you i hate the way you treat everybody here. Everyone is sick. well most people and just keep to the point you ruined one of my threads by typing one word constantly trying to be a regular and you still do it i am trying to help you but you don't listen.
Tue 29/05/01 at 02:03
In fact, now to mention it, half of the topics in here are chatter, but they are not on the verge of being deleted are they? Why is this?

Darkreaper
Tue 29/05/01 at 02:01
Oh, and the topic "Where to point the Newbies" is not chatter then?
Mon 28/05/01 at 21:12
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The Rules for this forum, if you wish to see them, are on the home page of UKdiscussions.com.
Mon 28/05/01 at 21:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Attention Please!!!

Cough Cough

Please take this chatter over to the chatter forum.

NOT HERE PLEASE

Or it will be deleted.
Mon 28/05/01 at 21:10
Prodded? With what? What is prodding, anyway?
Mon 28/05/01 at 21:08
Theres no point desparately trying to become a regular by posting more, bacause then youll post trash and lose respect, and possibly get prodded
Mon 28/05/01 at 20:57
Regular
"pies r good"
could somone please answer my questions in I WILL BE A REGULAR!!! so that i can finally figure out the answers to my questions basically
Mon 28/05/01 at 20:05
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
PinkPig wrote:

Very true!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.