GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PDC Year of Darts 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/06 at 18:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL (Jan 1)

John Part 7 V 2 Kirk Shepherd

2007 Champion - Raymond Van Barneveld

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS TABLE - FINAL TABLE

1 Taylor 21pts (+46) - QUALIFIED
2 Wade 20pts (+22) - QUALIFIED
3 Barneveld 18pts (+16) - QUALIFIED
4 Lewis 12pts (-12) - QUALIFIED
5 Mardle 12pts (-14)
6 Manley 11pts (-12)
7 Jenkins 9pts (-18)
8 Part 9pts (-28)

US OPEN (May 18)

Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Colin Lloyd

2007 Champion - Phil Taylor

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS SEMI FINAL AND FINAL (May 26)

Phil Taylor 11 V 1 Adrian Lewis
Raymond Van Barneveld 8 V 11 James Wade

Phil Taylor 16 V 8 James Wade

UK OPEN (June 8)

James Wade 11 V 7 Gary Mawson

LAS VEGAS DESERT CLASSIC (July 6)

Phil Taylor 13 V 7 James Wade

WORLD MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP

Phil Taylor 18 V 9 James Wade

2007 Champion - James Wade

SOUTH AFRICAN MASTERS

Phil Taylor 5 V 2 John Part

WORLD GRAND PRIX

James Wade 6 V 3 Terry Jenkins

GRAND SLAM OF DARTS

Phil Taylor 18 V 11 Andy Hamilton
Tue 16/01/07 at 16:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Although the final was a nailbiter towards the end the quality was very poor and it's no wonder the 3 have defected to the PDC.

Apparently the BDO have a rule where if you get to the semis of the World Championships you have to play on the BDO circuit the following season and I'd heard that this was the reason King didn't defect as well.

If he'd rather give up darts than join the PDC there's only one reason for that and that is he'd have his ass whipped every time he played a match as he's nowhere near as good as he needs to be to be able to compete in the PDC.

I can see Klassen giving it a good go in the PDC and if he continues to improve he'll be contesting a few semis and finals, whether he'll manage to give the top stars a good run for their money time will tell.

The Premier League starts soon and I'm off to the Nottingham Arena in February to watch it, can't wait!
Mon 15/01/07 at 15:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just thought I'd add my thoughts on recent darts stuff.

The BDO final was a joke. Sure, Adams started well enough and was at a 95 average at the break but to lose 6 sets and only win with a 90 average is laughable. I can't remember the last time a 90 average was good enough to win the PDC title. Maybe it's never been enough seeing as Taylor has been in every one.

Adams was the only person to get a 100 average in the tournament and any half decent player can do that over 3 sets. Nixon never got over a 90 average for the whole tournament. The standard is laughable.

King saying he'd rather quit darts than join the PDC is all down to, in my opinion, the fact that he wants to win a World Title and the BDO is the best place to win one for him.

Three people did join the PDC this week. Klaasen, Van Gerwen and Van Der Voort will be playing in PDC events this week. I had a feeling Klaasen was going to move as he couldn't move when he had won the BDO title last year. All three were probably down to the Barneveld factor and it leaves the BDO with very little again.

To call the BDO championship a World Championship is a complete joke. Barneveld has said that when he was winning World Titles, he knew he wasn't the best player and he wanted to prove he could be. Adams would have struggled to get past round 2 in the PDC championship.
Tue 02/01/07 at 09:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Great final there over 3 hours of great darting action!

A bit ironic that Barney used Taylors dart as a stacker in the final throw off for the bull :D
Mon 01/01/07 at 23:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, that was some tense and nervy action in the final there. Great entertainment. I am a little disappointed that Taylor drifted towards Barneveld in the middle because if Taylor had kept his average up, he would have won 7-4 as I predicted.

I'm also a little disappointed that Barneveld won on his first year. I wanted him to lose just so he'd come back next year and play better.

Oh well, Barneveld played better when the scores were level so the result was fair.
Sat 30/12/06 at 23:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, it really was no surprise to see a Barneveld V Taylor final after all the big names started going out. Jenkins really had no answer and Hamilton played really poor.

I think it should be pretty close. Barneveld will have to pick his average up as what he is throwing at the moment will probably mean about a 7-3/7-4 defeat.

Let's hope it's a cracker.
Sat 30/12/06 at 18:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think of the 2 matches Jenkins has the better chance of toppling Barney rather than Hamilton toppling Taylor as Barney sometimes has an attack of the jitters which lets his opponent in.

If Barney gets toppled in the 1st match I'm rooting for Hamilton as that will be a much better match than Jenkins vs Taylor.
Sat 30/12/06 at 16:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't think Jenkins has enough to trouble Barneveld but Hamilton has the potential to push Taylor. Should be a Taylor V Barneveld final though.
Sat 30/12/06 at 16:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Grandprix wrote:

> I read the report in the paper and I thought Mason was out of
> order but Mason must be wrong in the head or something.

I think he's got serious mental issues, the incident about 4 years ago where he got 3 years for GBH in a row over ownership of a dog proves that.

It should have been attempted murder really as trying to smash someones head in with a hammer deserves more than 3 years (plus he was out in 18 months due to our great legal system).

As far as tonight goes I can't see anything but a Taylor vs Barneveld final which is good but on the other hand I can see tonights matches being walks in the park where as I'd prefer 2 good close fought matches.

Then again you never know!
Fri 29/12/06 at 03:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I read the report in the paper and I thought Mason was out of order but Mason must be wrong in the head or something. He looked like he was enjoying the game with a smile on his face and then he mouths off at Taylor and the fans apparently.

No problems for Taylor in the end as it was an easy victory. Priestley looked a little flat and Hamilton deserved the win. Wade threw his match away against Jenkins. He just didn't have it at the end.

I hope we get some more info on the Taylor/Mason incident. I really want to know what was said.
Thu 28/12/06 at 17:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Scholten didn't look great. I wonder if his back is still troubling him.

Lewis played like Lewis. Great at the start and then just drifts back to his opponent. He then has to hope either his game comes back or his opponent dips in form.

It does mean that Barneveld is pretty certain to reach the final as I can't see anyone in his half of the draw that could give him a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.