GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euthanasia Correct or not?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/03/05 at 21:21
Regular
Do you believe that euthanasia should be made legal in Britain?
People believe that it is technically murder to have a Doctor kill you. But then animals have the right to die if they are in pain, why not humans?
Thu 31/03/05 at 09:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
[URL]http://durrrrr.blogspot.com/[/URL]

For those who are interested in Mrs Schiavo's views on the matter.
Wed 30/03/05 at 17:52
Regular
-You- rock. Fat lasse. :P
Wed 30/03/05 at 17:49
Regular
Celestine wrote:

> It's my boy's birthday today. I'm off to celebrate life. Blessings.

I slacked! I'm sorry.

Happy Birthday to the Little Man. :)
Wed 30/03/05 at 17:39
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Meh, I've not 'followed you around' on these forums, nor have I
> singled you out. As far as I'm aware this is the first and only topic
> in which I've quoted anything you've said... I quoted your post and
> replied to certain sections of it as I wanted to raise points about
> what you said. Not to ridicule you or feel superior. And as I have
> previously pointed out I have no desire to ridicule anyone's faith,
> just raise the point that people should make up their own minds on
> these issues. If you have made your own mind up and not been led by
> religious rhetoric then I respect that.
>
Well, there were a few other threads, but the point is mute now. You haven't stalked me in a little while. So, I'm thinking we can finally have some repoir. I agree with it being tactless to ridicule anyone's faith and that people should make up their own minds on these issues. My mind has been made up by what I preceive as right and wrong...and my faith has made a major impact on that. Just me. I won't try to influence you or anyone else. Although, I have been a catechist..taught children in Sunday school.

> I just don't want to see a situation here in the UK like in the US
> where the religious right have huge influence on politics, to the
> extent where politicians create new laws to try and go against a
> courts wishes...

I think it's a buncha malarki myself. I've lived in the Bible Belt and it ain't perty. These circumstances happen when stupid people are lead by radical Machivellians. Small minded people with a little knowledge are to be feared most. They concentrate on nothing but the worst of situations. Then, they start insinuating things about people that are different than themselves, hold different views, or that they just don't understand, and racism and hatred sprawls like wildfire amongst the dumb.

Even in the political arena there are checks and balances and lobbyists (gotta love 'em) that filter the injustice. Occassionally, however, crap sifts through and that's what I'd like to believe these numbnuts elected into office are trying to resolve or atleast curtail.

It's my boy's birthday today. I'm off to celebrate life. Blessings.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:56
Regular
I think that people who can at least speak, and their mental health is OK, should be allowed to die, of course theyd be able to tell people themselves.

I'm talking some sort of cancer which will either kill them in 6 months if they stay in thisbed, or they'll die within a fortnight if they don't stay in the bed.

I'd rather die after those two weeks, as would most people.

Anyway, people should have to put something like that on their life insurance or whatever, but if they are killed in that way, it invalidates it or something.
Wed 30/03/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Celestine wrote:
> Am I truly the only one that wishes euthanasia remain illegal? Then,
> will you please answer me, why it is not yet legal if so many want
> it?

I don't know what the majority believe, all I'm doing is putting across my view that in some extreme cases I think it should be legal. It's certainly a topic that needs some serious debate...
Wed 30/03/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Meh, I've not 'followed you around' on these forums, nor have I singled you out. As far as I'm aware this is the first and only topic in which I've quoted anything you've said... I quoted your post and replied to certain sections of it as I wanted to raise points about what you said. Not to ridicule you or feel superior. And as I have previously pointed out I have no desire to ridicule anyone's faith, just raise the point that people should make up their own minds on these issues. If you have made your own mind up and not been led by religious rhetoric then I respect that.

I just don't want to see a situation here in the UK like in the US where the religious right have huge influence on politics, to the extent where politicians create new laws to try and go against a courts wishes...
Tue 29/03/05 at 01:25
Regular
Flock wrote:
> You're just Grix in a wig aren't you!

I do love my Lord very much.
Tue 29/03/05 at 01:21
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Jeez, there's no need to have a fit just because someone disagrees
> with you. I never said you should 'care' that I disagree with you,
> nor did I say you should change your views. If you're not willing to
> accept that people have different views to you it does make me wonder
> what you're doing on a discussion forum though...

I'm accepting* the fact that you have different opinions. I just don't go tearing up your posts to prove mine. Well, now I am...because you've pretty much asked me too.

> People quoting others, looking at their points and further discussing
> those points is a common practice on these and many other forums. It
> is not 'tearing apart', or whatever you said, the other persons
> views, it is discussing those points...
>

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I don't understand why you're singling me out. I guess I'm just a noob and subject to your ridicule. Do what you must if it'll make you feel superior. I'll let you win and back down, because I know you probably need it more to feel you have.

> It's also rather ironic that you're saying how 'exhausting' it is
> seeing me try to discredit you... I'm not trying to discredit you or
> anything you've said, I am asking you questions to try and understand
> the points you've made and to try and put my points across to you.
> What is rather annoying is that you ignore them and just start
> insulting me.

It's exhausting rehashing what I've already written, yes. It's all really simple, Sibs. Yet, it's becoming so complicated to appease the sake of argument. Silly. And, yes, exhausting.

> And frankly I have no idea what you mean by me idolising you...?

Again, that you would single me out of everyone else posting here. I see you following me around these forums. Why will you not leave me be? I wish you no ill.

Am I truly the only one that wishes euthanasia remain illegal? Then, will you please answer me, why it is not yet legal if so many want it?

I would really like to know the truth in that myself. I'm believing that the average, standard person, to whom we refer to as "normal," is the culprit for withholding it from legistation. Because it's wrong. It's murder. And, thou shalt not kill.

But, please believe what you will. This is merely my opinion.

[edit] *correction in grammar. psh..like anyone will bother reading this drivel.
Tue 29/03/05 at 01:07
Regular
Jim of Honor wrote:
> So someone disagrees with what your faith tells you to think, and you
> go crazy?
>
> Fair enough. Sibs wins (for not crying, and for having a good
> argument, which I agree with)

I didn't know we were playing a game. Why is it that anyone has to "win." Can't we just respect eachother for our opinions. Mine are not so far off from Sibs. He merely wants to extricate me because I believe in God. That is not fair.

I will not chastise you because you do not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.