GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man City announce new manager ...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 13:07
Regular
..... Kevin Keegan has just been confirmed as the new City manager.

Have they got the right man this time ?.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:07
..... Kevin Keegan has just been confirmed as the new City manager.

Have they got the right man this time ?.
Thu 24/05/01 at 14:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
He'll probably walk away from Man City after about 1 year into his contract stating :

"too much pressure from the fans"
"well I've gotta to follow my heart and if Man United want me then I've gotta go!"

Blah Blah Blah.....oh well at least that counts him out of the Southampton job which is our gain!! :)
Thu 24/05/01 at 15:48
Awwww, I think Kevin Keegan is alright!! He'd be an asset to any club, and my money's on Man City winning the Division one league next year! He's a superb manager and a really nice blokle too (blushing!), and he won't desert City for United next year I am sure!!!

If only Arsene Wenger was as happy as Kev!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:12
Regular
Yep, this is the man who publicly admitted he wasn't good enough to be an international manager, what a good compliment that is to pay to man city!!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:14
BigSally wrote:
Awwww, I think Kevin Keegan is alright!! He'd be an asset to any club, and my money's on Man City winning the Division one league next year! He's a superb manager and a really nice blokle too (blushing!), and he won't desert City for United next year I am sure!!!

If only Arsene Wenger was as happy as Kev!

I agree AW does look miserable most of the time. I am not a fan of KK as a manager. Being a manager of a top club (and Man City are a top club in my view) requires a real strength of character. KK is great when things are going well but during hard times he crumbles and jumps ship. Man City probably will get back in the premier league but I can not see KK taking them to greater things.
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:27
Well, he is good enough at Club level, and I can't believe he got roped into becoming the England manager! At Fulham he was superb, and now they're in the Premiership aren't they! Although that new manager, the French guy, he's pretty good to get them up. But Kevin Keegan at Newcastle was really brilliant - that radio show when he declared war on Fergie and his men was really impressive, and I feel so sorry for the Magpies, they came so close!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:28
Regular
I think the fulham success story has more to do with the fact that Al Fayed is unbelievably rich!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:35
And that too, but a good manager is essential! Fulham haven't bought that many players you know, but they're all worth a lot more now! Mainly they have a few foreigners some Arsenal and Spurs rejects (who have excelled at Craven Cottage) and now Al Fayed thinks they can win the league! I think top 6, no better.
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:36
Regular
I don't think so, Walter Smith won 6 titles in a row at Rangers, he isn't a great manager, hes just got a lot of money, and Man U will never be caught by anyone other than about 4 clubs in England solely due to money!!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:45
Not true. Although money is important (hence the two richest division 1 teams going up, and Rushden and Diamonds getting promoted (at last) but Southampton for example - and Ipswich - they've done incredibly well, without a huge amount of dosh, but then Southampton don;t have a manager - but Glenn Hoddle did well for them - he's a top bloke, and and George Burley, what can one say? Still you need a good manager, no one can deny Alex Ferguson of being the best club manager in the world can they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.