GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No, Tomas, don't do it, for the good of all"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=265106&CPID=22&CLID=&lid=2&title=Rosicky+confirms+Spurs+talks&channel=Football_Home[/URL]

I like Rosicky. He's an awesome player, was awesome at Euro 2004 and exudes general awesomeness. Plus I have a thing for Czechs, like Nedved and my Milan.

And now he says Tottenham are the only serious interest, when Liverpool, Barcelona and Porto all want him as well?

Come on, Tomas. Let's think about this. Spurs are doomed to midtable mediocrity. Never mind that no-one in the world knows where the money is coming from (Anyone else think Spurs could do a Leeds? That'd make me happy), surely Spurs have got enough midfielders. Granted, they're all rubbish, but what were they doing spending all that money on people like Carrick and Reid if they were after Rosicky?

The article goes on to say Tottenham already have 2 Czechs in their squad so Rosicky would feel at home: Waster #1 and Waster #2.

Now, if we're playing the "I have more Czechs than you Nah Nah Nah Nah" game - a particular playground favourite these days, I hear, even though no-one has any Czechs, so it usually ends in a draw - surely we're going to win.

Granted, Liverpool also have only 2 Cezchs. But when have you seen Watsr #1 or Waster #2 on the back of a Czech shirt? I haven't, I can tell you.

So, it's the Waster Twins or Baros/Smicer. Smicer's a bit of a write off, but he's still a vastly more accomplished player than the Wasters. And, of course, surely Rosicky will relish the chance to again play with The Greatest Striker In Europe. That's Milan, by the way.

So Tomas, it's up to you, my friend. But Rafa probably won't make a move. C'mon, say it with me, Team Sport. What is Rosicky not?

Not. Quite. Spanish. Enough.
Thu 24/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=265106&CPID=22&CLID=&lid=2&title=Rosicky+confirms+Spurs+talks&channel=Football_Home[/URL]

I like Rosicky. He's an awesome player, was awesome at Euro 2004 and exudes general awesomeness. Plus I have a thing for Czechs, like Nedved and my Milan.

And now he says Tottenham are the only serious interest, when Liverpool, Barcelona and Porto all want him as well?

Come on, Tomas. Let's think about this. Spurs are doomed to midtable mediocrity. Never mind that no-one in the world knows where the money is coming from (Anyone else think Spurs could do a Leeds? That'd make me happy), surely Spurs have got enough midfielders. Granted, they're all rubbish, but what were they doing spending all that money on people like Carrick and Reid if they were after Rosicky?

The article goes on to say Tottenham already have 2 Czechs in their squad so Rosicky would feel at home: Waster #1 and Waster #2.

Now, if we're playing the "I have more Czechs than you Nah Nah Nah Nah" game - a particular playground favourite these days, I hear, even though no-one has any Czechs, so it usually ends in a draw - surely we're going to win.

Granted, Liverpool also have only 2 Cezchs. But when have you seen Watsr #1 or Waster #2 on the back of a Czech shirt? I haven't, I can tell you.

So, it's the Waster Twins or Baros/Smicer. Smicer's a bit of a write off, but he's still a vastly more accomplished player than the Wasters. And, of course, surely Rosicky will relish the chance to again play with The Greatest Striker In Europe. That's Milan, by the way.

So Tomas, it's up to you, my friend. But Rafa probably won't make a move. C'mon, say it with me, Team Sport. What is Rosicky not?

Not. Quite. Spanish. Enough.
Thu 24/03/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I wouldn't count your Czech players too soon!

Last I heard, Milan Baros was considering a move away from Liverpool in the summer because of all these 'promises' Benitez's ever-inconsistant side are falling short of making. Fiorentina was mentioned as one name...

"Rafa the Gaffa" is also supposed to be setting himself for a big summer clearout of the great wasters-of-space he inherited from Gerard Houllier before him - and, you never know, we could even see a Spaniard (Nunez) or two out the door aswell! Smicer also springs to mind.

Honestly though, what was he on when Real's '£8m + Nunez' insult was accepted!?

And no, before anyone says it, Liverpool are still not as worse off as Spurs are right now. Not yet, anyway... ;)
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:00
Regular
If Spurs get van Bommel and Rosicky that could be quite a midfield partnership. I think Jol can do decent things at Spurs in the long term.
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:01
Regular
I won't criticise him for the Mikey move, he had no choice. Last year of contract, he could've done a Macca, had to take what he could get.

He'll never sell Nunez. Far too Spanish to be sold.

Players we should sell: Dudek, Traore, Smicer, Kewell, Josemi, Nunez, Diao, Diarra, Vignal, Cheyrou, Diouf, Sinima-Pongolle, Pellegrino

Players we should definitely NOT sell depsite rumours: Baros, Stevie, Baros, Baros, Baros

Why Baros would WANT to go to Fiorentina is beyond me. But he might be forced out of the door by Rafa "You're far too Eastern European for me" Benitez. And then I'm sure Barcelona will be right back in with their pre-season interest.

We've been linked with: Rosicky, Aimar, Juanito, Metzelder, Shaun Wright-Phillips

No chance of getting SWP. No chance at all. He's Barca/Arsenal/Chelsea bound. Juanito - never seen him, can't judge. He's Spanish though, therefore he's already here. Metzelder, apparently awesome, but a little too German to be Spanish enough. Rosicky, same.

But, if we sell Stevie...Which could happen. If fact, probably will...

Then we're going to need Rosicky or Aimar. I'd prefer Rosicky, he plays well with Baros. But Aimar, despite not being Spanish, plays for Valencia. And that counts as just quite Spanish enough.

Bah.
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What about Jermaine Pennant?

I thought that, at the time, £2m was a rediculous price for Arsenal to pay for a player - only 15-years-old! But since I've seen him play, espeically in the last season on loan at Leeds, he's really caught my eye.

I still cannot understand why other clubs, besides only Birmingham, haven't shown an interest in him throughout the past year.

He's never gonna get in the first-team at Highbury/Emirates Stadium while Wenger's still in-charge, no matter how much the club could benefit from an honest, hard-working right-winger with youth and frightening pace.

Liverpool have needed a decent right winger for some time now, and I saw him as the ideal man to come in back when Benitez took over. I don't rate Nunez you see, and Garcia, a player I admire to Zola almost, is too comfortable on his left foot for right-sided action.

Arsenal WILL sell for the right price, despite what they have said in the past. He did well in the short term with Birmingham, and he could be even better in a team like Liverpool. He'd barely cost any more than the £2m Notts County originally recieved, I'm quite confident of that.

Foreigners can't win you everything, Senor Benitez!
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
or†ega wrote:
"If Spurs get van Bommel and Rosicky that could be quite a midfield partnership. I think Jol can do decent things at Spurs in the long term."
-----

Well, we've said this all too many times now with the Tottenham midfield - Michael Carrick, Michael Brown, Jamie Redknapp, Roham Ricketts, Simon Davies, Matthew Etherington, Reto Ziegler, Dean Marney...!

I wouldn't expect too many changes even if they do get the both of them.

;D
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:20
Regular
Isnt pennant still in prison? :D
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:22
Regular
Yep, I'd like Pennant. Once he's done in the prison, of course.

I like Garcia a lot actually. Not in a gay way, mind. A lot of commentators say he's too lightweight, but I remember that 25 yarder he banged in against Charlton. Had it, looked up, and almost floated it into the top corner. Didn't seem like a remote bit of effort went into it. He's a good good player. But he cannot interfere with my 4-3-3 dream (means sub)

Carson (Kirkland)

Finnan (Carragher) - Carragher (Metzelder) - Hyypia (Juanito) - Warnock (Evre)

Gerrard (Rosicky/Aimar/Garcia) - Alonso (Hamann) - Riise (Garcia/Rosicky)

Cisse (Garcia) - Morientes (Mellor) - Baros (Garcia)
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Spurs are only gonna get better, and I think it's beacuse players can see this that we're hanging on to players like Defoe, King and Robbo and attracting huge names like Rosicky.

Rosicky is a quality player, and I would love to see him at the Lane, would be a super buy and 10mil seems around a good price for him as we seem to have an unlimited supply currently...

We're only gonna get better because of the age of our team. We have an average age of about 23 and only one player older than 30, Naybet the genius. Yeh, you may say 'wow, you've got a young crap team' but if you look at it, we actually have many players with GREAT potential.

Ziegler - Was a bit wary at the start, but has shined no end and is now one of the most promising players in the Premiership, and is still only 19. Has matured well before his time and I hope we can hang on to him for a long while.

Carrick - The reason Santini left, thus I love him even more. If people say Maka does a great job in the holding roll for Chelsea, then Carrick is exactly the same for us (thought clearly not as good). He's good at breaking down play and his attacking is as good as any young English player.

Defoe - Let's not get started on Defoe, he's quailty and you all know it. Second top scorer in England with 21 goals says it all, quality son keep it up.

Keane and Kanoute - Still top class players, both deserve a starting place but with quality like Defoe, that's not always possible.

And finally....

Mikey Brown - Absolutely quality this season. Gone from an attacking genius at Sheffield to a defensive star for us. Admittedly I'd like to see him get forward and score a few more, but I sure wouldn't like to be on the end of one of his crunching tackles. Breaks down opposition well and reads the game, excellent buy.

So there you go, before you sl*g Spurs off look at your own team. Not exactly the force you used to be are you? Crumbling a bit...

But yeh, you're clearly better than us so I won't go there.

Rosicky to Spurs, go for it.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
and virtually all of them would leave the second a big named club came knocking with a bag of cash (but enough of how Chelsea conduct their business :-D)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.