GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats so good about the x-box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
Why are microsoft entering the console market with their x-box apart from for money? What new things are they going to bring to the console world? Absolutely nothing? In reality the x-box may destroy console gaming altogether if it sells well enough.

A large computer firm like microsoft has 'unlimited' financial resources and should be able to produce a very good console. So why do I get the feeling that Microsoft could turn consoles into pc's? Consoles should be about the games and the way the market is going its not likely to be this way for very long. Microsoft should stick to what they are best at and not try to monopolise this industry as well.

The death of consoles will soon be upon us! :)
Thu 24/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Why are microsoft entering the console market with their x-box apart from for money? What new things are they going to bring to the console world? Absolutely nothing? In reality the x-box may destroy console gaming altogether if it sells well enough.

A large computer firm like microsoft has 'unlimited' financial resources and should be able to produce a very good console. So why do I get the feeling that Microsoft could turn consoles into pc's? Consoles should be about the games and the way the market is going its not likely to be this way for very long. Microsoft should stick to what they are best at and not try to monopolise this industry as well.

The death of consoles will soon be upon us! :)
Thu 24/05/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
As long as Microsoft don't branch out into books, my world will continue.

I dont hate Microsoft, I think Gates is a tyrannical Meglomaniac, but I like my PC, I like the PC Games, I like the Net.

I'll wait to see what the X-Box is like before I make my decision.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
And what is it exactly that "Microsoft do best"?
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
turbonutter wrote:
> And what is it exactly that "Microsoft do best"?

Being generally massive and controlling the world and making crappy computer running systems and making loads of money. Obviously ;-)
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:34
Regular
jd99 wrote:
> Why are microsoft entering the console market with their x-box apart
> from for money? What new things are they going to bring to the
> console world

I seem to remember this being said of Sony a number of years back as well.......
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
By generally being money-grabbing dick-heads I should think.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Your Honour wrote:
> I seem to remember
> this being said of Sony a number of years back as well.......

Aha, but everyone liked Sony. And at least Sony stuff works and is known for quallity. I have been at a film company for the last week, and ervery single piece of equipment, without exception, is made by Sony. I wonder why???
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:52
Regular
I heard the xbox will be able to toast bread, is this true??
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:55
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
Aha, but everyone
> liked Sony. And at least Sony stuff works and is known for quallity.
> I have been at a film company for the last week, and ervery single
> piece of equipment, without exception, is made by Sony. I wonder
> why???

What you've just said shows that Sony have a good reputation for making TV's/Sound equipment etc etc. How much experience did they have when they released the PSX? None. Same as Microsoft.

The only difference is that if the XBox is a success it will be completely down to Microsoft. Sony's success with the PSX hand a helping hand from Nintendo.
Thu 24/05/01 at 14:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But Microsoft aren't good at ANYTHING! For god's sake, at half of the shows it's been to, it hasn;t even worked. I think that Window's reputation for being, erm, a total pile of crap will hinder the Xbox's success mightilly. THAT AND EVERYONE HATES MICROSOFT!

PS. New SR posse story coming today. If Grim Fish wants to object I'd say he's got about, oooh, 2 hours?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.