GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi - June 1st"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 09:05
Regular
Looking at the PS2 page a few days ago, I noticed that only games such as super bombad racing appeared on the list of new releases, not Crazy Taxi despite the fact it was going to be released May 25th. However, now it is known that the release has been delayed until June 1st.

Personally I don`t mind if it gets delayed another week after that even, as I won`t be back from Uni until the 9th of June.
Fri 25/05/01 at 19:29
Regular
I don't know what the reason for the delay is other than it seems to happen a lot to games i want on the PS2. I thought the port had gone well and that all the reviews i have read where with the finished code, perhaps the developers did not want to go head to head with F1 2001. However there are more games being released next Friday including Project Eden which seemed to have a lot written about it once but all seems quiet recently.
Fri 25/05/01 at 18:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
do you think there is a reason for these delays?? Maybe it is something to do with Pal conversions, there has to be a reason, they wouldn't just delay it for no reason.
Are these games made in U.K or being shipped from somewhere?
Fri 25/05/01 at 15:56
Regular
When I was in EB this morning they had posters up for the game with a release date of 1st June and the same date was on their upcoming release board. Hopefully this will not slip again, as it might prove expensive I have already had to buy F1 2001 instead as the date had slipped from today and i was looking forward to playing it over the bank holiday weekend.
Fri 25/05/01 at 14:39
Regular
Crazy Taxi isn`t even on the June 1st list now! There is a large list, but CT is nowhere to be found. Is it delayed again?
Fri 25/05/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Acclaim is doing the conversion as pointed out by Bonus.
Fri 25/05/01 at 00:25
Regular
"MSR Rules"
I have to agree with Your Honour sir.
CT will not do so well because of the Sega name.
You find that there is an incredible amount of loyalty when it comes to owning a console. This can be a good thing but can also mean that people will miss out on very original games.
I think it is time for people to cast aside their loyalties and do what is best for themselves. If a game is, honestly, excellent then give it a go and ignore the label.
Fri 25/05/01 at 00:10
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> People the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi has been skanked by Acclaim,
> apparently a very poor conversion, what were Sega thinking??

Thing is, are Sega themselves doing the conversion? Quite often a different developer is drafted in to convert. Is this what happened in this case?

It's been done on other games, Tony Hawks and UT have both been converted for the DC by different development comapnies to the ones that made the game in the first place.

The second reason i can think of is that the PS2 is too difficult to program for. Sega have a little experience of programming games. They kind of know their stuff so you would have thought they would have got it right, which brings me on to my third point...

...What if Sega are deliberately not doing an amazing job of the conversion? (if they are doing it themsleves). As has been already mentioned, the DC version of CT2 is out soon, maybe Sega are hoping more people will buy a DC to play CT2? After all, the price is ridculously low for a new DC these days.
Thu 24/05/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I would have to agree with Bonus. It looks the same as it did on the DC and that appeared 15 months ago. The PS2 supposed to have superior power but why has it still got awfull pop up, no extras. Crazy Taxi 2 is going to be out for the DC in a month or so's time. Crazy Taxi 2 has no pop up and is running on a less powerfull machine. Also the good news is that this game should be £29.99 as Sega has said that they are reducing the price of the Sega developed titles.

Crazy Taxi is a fun game. But why should the PS2 have to settle with a 15 month old game looking the same as it did on a less powerfull machine.
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:14
Regular
People the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi has been skanked by Acclaim, apparently a very poor conversion, what were Sega thinking??
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont think they have improved the graphics at all. From the video I have seen which is on the latest PSW DVD it looks the same as it did on the DC. Its got some awfull pop up. This doesnt make the game worst it is still very fun but the PS2 could have elminated the pop up. I hear that on the DC Crazy Taxi 2 has no pop up what so ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.