GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi - June 1st"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 09:05
Regular
Looking at the PS2 page a few days ago, I noticed that only games such as super bombad racing appeared on the list of new releases, not Crazy Taxi despite the fact it was going to be released May 25th. However, now it is known that the release has been delayed until June 1st.

Personally I don`t mind if it gets delayed another week after that even, as I won`t be back from Uni until the 9th of June.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:05
Regular
Looking at the PS2 page a few days ago, I noticed that only games such as super bombad racing appeared on the list of new releases, not Crazy Taxi despite the fact it was going to be released May 25th. However, now it is known that the release has been delayed until June 1st.

Personally I don`t mind if it gets delayed another week after that even, as I won`t be back from Uni until the 9th of June.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:07
Regular
You PS2 owners are in for a real treat. In case you didnt know, Crazy Taxi is an excellent game. It's one of those where it's easy to pick up, but hard to master.

It's all about pure playability, and it rocks!

Trust Sega to release the first classic title on the PS2.

;-P
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:25
Regular
Classic as in old obviously. It may reach the top 15 games on PS2 so far... maybe. It should be a lot of fun, but its age will seriously let it down.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:31
Regular
Why will it's age let it down? It's hardly as if the graphics are dated, they will be improved as part of the conversion.

Great gameplay never dies.

I will be very surprised if it doesnt enter the top 5, it is an amazing game, i just hope people arent biased against it because it's a Sega game.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:42
Regular
It will probably enter the top 5 in the sales for the week, but not as far as being a good game. The graphics are good, certainly good enough so that the game isn`t let down, but compared to the smoothness of ZOE, it looks like stalagmites/stalactites in a cave.

It was reviewed with a lower score than:

Shadow of Memories (equal)
Moto GP
SSX
TimeSplitters
Tekken Tag
DOA2
Starfighter
F1 2001
ZOE
Madden NFL
Fantavision
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament

(There are more, but I can`t remember the lot)

There are also all the import scores, many of which were higher.

I am looking forward to this game, as a large amount of fun, and "a breath of fresh air from the rainy realistic nature of many other PS2 games", however, I don`t think its going to be the best we`ll see arriving on PS2.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:45
Regular
Just out of interest, what mark was it given from the various magazines?

I think though, that some people may not buy it for stupid reasons, like 'Bob' has a mate with a DC, the mate keep saying how good the DC is, and Bob says that Sega is crap etc etc. Then Sega release a good game on the PS2, but Bob wont buy it out of principle.

Unfortunately, i think that may happen, and i hope it doesnt.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:48
Regular
I think its averaging out around the 80% mark. Some have been slightly higher, but only those that always give every PS2 title a high score. The more reliable ones are giving it 4/5 8/10 and 80%.

Are you at home now Your Honour? Or waiting to go home or what? You said all exams were over, so I thought perhpaps you were back at home.

My exams start tomorrow. Doh.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:50
Regular
My last exam was on tuesday, but my parents had already booked their holiday, they left on tuesday, so will be in leicester for the next 10 days or so.

Unfortunately, the housemate who sorted out the NTL is leaving early next week, and he may cut us off when he goes. So im not sure if i'll have net access for a while.

Anyway, how many exams have you got? Good luck with them anyway.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont think they have improved the graphics at all. From the video I have seen which is on the latest PSW DVD it looks the same as it did on the DC. Its got some awfull pop up. This doesnt make the game worst it is still very fun but the PS2 could have elminated the pop up. I hear that on the DC Crazy Taxi 2 has no pop up what so ever.
Thu 24/05/01 at 19:14
Regular
People the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi has been skanked by Acclaim, apparently a very poor conversion, what were Sega thinking??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.