GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is better Xbox,Gamecube or PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 20:24
Regular
I know its stupid to ask but I don't actually know which is better and kinda tell me why its better.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:31
Regular
"..."
Hey, never forget that Zelda on it's own is worth getting the GC. Besides, if the rumored FF 7+8+9 port on the GC gets released , then the GC will actually have the best games ever!! Seriously:
1- The Legend Of Zelda : The Ocarina Of Time (In the collector's edition disc ).
2- Final Fantasy 7 (The rumored port).
3- Resident Evil 1 and 2.
4- Metal Gear Solid 1 (The Twin Snakes).

Now I know that there are a lot of people who have other -Best Games Of All Time- but the majority would have one of these as their best game of all time, and even if they aren't, no other console would have a collection of games as beautiful as this. However, if the FF disc doesn't get released, then this -best console problem- will apparantly, remain a problem. I think the best thing to do is this: Instead of buying one console, and buying a shitload of games that will get outdated after 6 months or so, it would be better to get the 3 consoles and only buy the best of each. It would cost the same, only better. You'd get every exclusive game out there, and you don't have to decide which is best game ever, since it wouldn't really matter, because you already played all of them, so one of them has to be the best!! Personally I prefered to buy both PS2 and GC, I couldn't get XB because I don't even have enough money to keep up with all those PS2/GC releases. By the time I'm done, PS3 , xenon and revolution will have already been released !!
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Gamecube is best for games that involve jumping on people's heads,
> collecting stars and training little animals to fight.

:D
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
jesus&co wrote:
> I know its stupid to ask but I don't actually know which is better and
> kinda tell me why its better.

PS2 is best for playing RPGs.
XBox is best for playing shooters.
Gamecube is best for games that involve jumping on people's heads, collecting stars and training little animals to fight.

Therefore, they're all the best, but only one will be best for each indivudual depending on their gaming tastes.
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:16
Regular
"..."
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Largest range of games. Not best. Both Xbox and Nintendo have more
> better games than the PS2.
It still depends on the taste. In my opinion Halo is just another 1st person shooter, and it's not even the best, at least after Half Life 2 had been released, to me PS2 and GC are better, because also, in my opinion, graphics don't matter , all what matters to me is the great games. My favourite 3 serieses are Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Zelda. All of them are essential to me. If it weren't for those, I would have dumped gaming all together.
Wed 17/11/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Well in my considered and expert opinion...

PS2 and GC are the best consoles as I own each of them.

Oh, hang on, just wait a mo...

I have a couple of friends who have Xboxes and I can borrow them when I like so I guess that makes it as one of the best three consoles as well.

Hope that cleared it up for you.
Wed 17/11/04 at 11:27
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Bonus wrote:

> GC, best for kids or Nintendo fans.

Dont let the Ninty elite catch you saying that...

PS2 is best, to me anyway, hence the reason i own it. Doesnt mean its the best machine though. These threads are pointless in many ways, its all down to the person which console is the best for them.
Wed 17/11/04 at 02:13
Regular
Xbox and GC have more better games than the PS2 is the most stupid comment I have heard in a long, long time.

Regardless, there are more good games on either platform than most people can afford to buy.

Except the GC, which I struggle to find anything worth buying for which isn't on another console. That's my personal opinion, don't want to be harrassed about it.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
jesus&co wrote:
> I know its stupid to ask

exactly
Tue 16/11/04 at 00:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
When I had my GC it did feel like the majority of games were aimed at kids, although some were quite deceptive, like Monkey Ball. However since the GC was the first Nintendo console I owned, I wasn't too bother with Mario, Metroid and all the other big Nintendo stuff. I think the GC would be more successful if it catered for casual gamers more, and fans of all things not pink and fluffy, or red and fat as in Mario's case.
Mon 15/11/04 at 23:55
But you're talking from a gamer's POV, not the general public as a whole. And GC is best for kids and Nintendo fans.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.