GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEDAY FOR ANYONE TO JOIN IN."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/05/01 at 19:20
Regular
COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT:

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. A big thank you to those that took time to enter. A winner will be announced soon. Watch this space...
STILL WATCHING? THE WINNER IS Meka_Dragon with his ukanniversary.co.uk suggestion. Congratulations! The prize will be on its way to you.

Once again thanks to all who took part and look out for more competitions!

We'll run this one over the next two weeks. Somebody might need to prod me in two weeks time to choose the winner.

I would like you to go to http://Topaddress.com.

There's a link in the left side strip if you need to go back and forth.

There you will find our lovely selection of domain names.

Pick a domain or some domains which you think would be good for a nice profitable enterprise, and describe what you would do with them if you were an entrepreneur.

The single best entry will win an Extra Gameaday prize.

You can enter as many times as you like.

IMPORTANT
1. Try to get Unique Selling Points into your plan!
2. Work out why you think it would make money.
3 .State clearly how long it would take and what the difficulties would be.

I've no idea how this will go, but good luck.

And NO, we are not likely to use the winning entry, this is just the stuff of financial fantasy.
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT:

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. A big thank you to those that took time to enter. A winner will be announced soon. Watch this space...
STILL WATCHING? THE WINNER IS Meka_Dragon with his ukanniversary.co.uk suggestion. Congratulations! The prize will be on its way to you.

Once again thanks to all who took part and look out for more competitions!

We'll run this one over the next two weeks. Somebody might need to prod me in two weeks time to choose the winner.

I would like you to go to http://Topaddress.com.

There's a link in the left side strip if you need to go back and forth.

There you will find our lovely selection of domain names.

Pick a domain or some domains which you think would be good for a nice profitable enterprise, and describe what you would do with them if you were an entrepreneur.

The single best entry will win an Extra Gameaday prize.

You can enter as many times as you like.

IMPORTANT
1. Try to get Unique Selling Points into your plan!
2. Work out why you think it would make money.
3 .State clearly how long it would take and what the difficulties would be.

I've no idea how this will go, but good luck.

And NO, we are not likely to use the winning entry, this is just the stuff of financial fantasy.
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
As they all go off to TopAddress for the next three and a half hours.
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have choosen a few and will do the opening lines for what should describe the website:

10up.co.uk

This is the place to be to if you like to do exercise, we will start you off on a daily scheme of 10 press ups and 10 sit ups a day.

1966.org

This is to celebrate the one time England has won a World Cup, we are a non-profit organisation and would like to hear your reasons into why England are so bad at football in the present age?

barstewards.co.uk

We never liked to swear and shout out basta*ds across the road, so this is a website to show that instead of swearing there are always alternate solutions...

bigboys.org

umm...lets not go into that...

blacksplat.co.uk

Paintball, its a messy game, welcome to blacksplat paintball, this is the website to be at if you wanna find out information on any paintball team, or join in into a nations tournament, WELCOME TO BLACKSPLAT!

britney-sites.com

This isn't just a normal Spears website, this is deep, deeper than any other, for it combines the pictures, the movies and the information from all other Britney websites... and its all here.

BuyUK.co.uk/.com

This here site is for the British Farmers, to share there concern over the news of Labour wanting to abolish the Great British Sterling Pound.

carnuts.co.uk

Ever just wanted a nut for a bolt so bad that you just can't get one to fit at your local DIY shop, well then carnuts.co.uk is going to make all the difference, send us your bolts and we will design and make a special one-of-a-kind nut to go for it.

companymouse.co.uk/com

Annoying aren't they, those little mouse that run around your house and company offices, did you know there is one rat in every sq metre of London, contact us, and we will kill em! YEAH THATS RIGHT, companymouse.com exterminates the mice until they pop!

That is all from the first page!
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
doilookstupid.co.uk

The website where you submit your picture and then people vote between 1-10 whether you look stupid or not, the winner (loser) after each month gets a free health face-pack!
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:54
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmm... a subtle way fro tony to make money me thinks :)
Personally, me and my friends do this sort of thing all the time... the most recent one is one of the websites he has set up- which has just been valued at £20,000!

Soooo... If i have any good ideas and I'll follow them up myself! :)

Sonic
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:56
Regular
ukbikes.com/ukbikes.co.uk

Although as of recently the biking trade has fallen due to the foot and mouth epidemic, mountain biking is going to pick up in a big way again in a few years. Biking is a popular sport, and the range of it is quite large.

But what could a website provide?

Time trails around the Uk. Club information, and clubs in your area, contact details. Basically information about biking in your area, and the best place to go for it.

Advertising for bike shops across the uk, so they can advertise on the site. So when you search for your area, then a "where to shop" list comes up. Obviously money can be made from this.

Another money making way out of the website is wheel building. Wheel building is very much a unknown trade, but is often asked for by bikers across the Uk. Wheels sold can be for a large range of prices, from in the hundreds to much cheaper. This could just be a small part of the site, or run in parallel.

ukbikes.com could also be a community centre for those wanting to talk about bikes, and those willing to answer questions. This could bring appeal to the site, so people will look there for bikes/wheels for sale first.

Competitions for Tour De France, for example, could be run. Sponsers could be taken from it, to help fund it, and bring extra users/customers to the site. Also, interviews with well known mountain bikers could be used as features...

Reviews of new bikes, the new season, or "What the professionals use," features, showing off what bikes are used in the business, how you could get started into it, and what bikes are commonly used. Once again, back to advertising.

I don't think sales of bikes is a good idea. It seems the most obvious thing to do, but selling bikes from a catalogue or online is terribly unpopular, as there is no after sales service, and check ups on bikes need to be made. Wheels are a much more focused sales, and would go down well in the bikes community.

That's about it.
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have chosen "onlyfools.co.uk"

Well I believe this web-site would be a success because....

Of course that great British television show 'Only fools and horses' is what I am basing the idea of attracting customers. Fans of the show might be on the inter-net one day wondering what to look up, then a repeat of the show is on TV and gives them an idea etc or they are fans so look for fan sites.

What greets them though is not a fans site but a king of auction site, get the idea since Del Boy was always trying to flog his goods. So people go on the site to flog a lot of their goods or just something they not wish to own anymore.

I believe this would work as auctions sites can be boring and basically no fun but with the theme of the show, people will be in good humour and are more likely to buy and sell things.

Basically I belive the name and the idea go together well and make a winning formula and the site could make a fair profit.

Who knows goods could be delived in a Robin Reliant.

Sheepy Ltd.
Wed 23/05/01 at 20:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
My one has been valued at £70,000, something to do with the registering of ah-ha increasing the value of mine 10fold....
Wed 23/05/01 at 20:03
"possibly impossible"
www.brilliantdvd.com

Starting with a small off-shore company, with a small warehouse, I would import DVDs from the US in bulk and store them in the place.

Once there are enough DVDs I will then use the website to promote the fact that you can buy these Region 1 films without postage and receive them in days, often getting films that are still at the cinema here.

I'd then start providing films to DVD magazines, to promote my idea and build up support. I'd run competitions to win a DVD each week and then when the money starts coming in, I'd advertise on TV.

The only downside of this is the growing number of discs that are now getting Region Coding Enhanced on them, courtesy of the big studios. These won't run on some DVD players, but I could always offer a good refund service.
Wed 23/05/01 at 20:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
(my full version of this)

I have chosen "onlyfools.co.uk"

Well I believe this web-site would be a success because....

Of course that great British television show 'Only fools and horses' is what I am basing the idea of attracting customers. Fans of the show might be on the inter-net one day wondering what to look up, then a repeat of the show is on TV and gives them an idea etc or they are fans so look for fan sites.

What greets them though is not a fans site but a king of auction site, get the idea since Del Boy was always trying to flog his goods. So people go on the site to flog a lot of their goods or just something they not wish to own anymore.

I believe this would work as auctions sites can be boring and basically no fun but with the theme of the show, people will be in good humour and are more likely to buy and sell things.

To make money on this site you would heavely advertise and charge a small fee when people buy or sell their goods, overall a fair profit will be made.

Some difficulties could be the copyright with the actual show but I am sure you could get away with it :D

Basically I belive the name and the idea go together well and make a winning formula and the site could make a fair profit.

Who knows goods could be delived in a Robin Reliant.

Sheepy Ltd.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.