GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So ... what d'you think?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/03/05 at 22:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://timmargh.net/[/URL]

Changed from absolutely positioned DIV's to floating ones ... not sure why. Added a bit of colour. Moved the content up in the source. Still have some CSS optimising to do, though.

Your thoughts, good and bad, are welcomed.
Wed 16/03/05 at 22:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://timmargh.net/[/URL]

Changed from absolutely positioned DIV's to floating ones ... not sure why. Added a bit of colour. Moved the content up in the source. Still have some CSS optimising to do, though.

Your thoughts, good and bad, are welcomed.
Wed 16/03/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit bland, but quite nice layout. The "all change" page threw up a javascript error though.
Thu 17/03/05 at 08:48
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nice, XHTML1.1 and CSS2/2.1 in there too. Just a shame IE can't handle some of the nested styles your using (not a complaint, just nice to see someone embracing CSS properly and ignoring idiotic browser constraints).

Not to sure about the colour scheme, but from a code monkay point of view, I'm loving it.

FWIW, I notice you mention HicksDesign in your section about Burnout... In a bizarre twist of randomness, I live 30 seconds away from his studio!;)

Your JS error is line 149 on that page btw:

if (document.comments_form.email != undefined)

An in IE6 on: http://timmargh.net/2005/03/all_change_agai.php Your floats explode big stylee (due to the form elements)

And this: http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/546/, should fix the white space bug in you nav list (left hand) in IE.
Thu 17/03/05 at 18:35
"Dark FX"
Cool site. Looks good. Did you use Dreamweaver?
Thu 17/03/05 at 19:53
Regular
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Cool site. Looks good. Did you use Dreamweaver?

I very much doubt it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 20:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nice. Not amazingly keen on the color scheme, but really digging the favicon theme continued into the links, sweet touch :).

Also, why would ANYONE use Dreamweaver?
Thu 17/03/05 at 20:11
"Dark FX"
Coin wrote:
> Nice. Not amazingly keen on the color scheme, but really digging the
> favicon theme continued into the links, sweet touch :).
>
> Also, why would ANYONE use Dreamweaver?

I use it, it's taught me most of what i know about HTML, which to be honest, isn't a hell of a lot. What does everybody else use?
Thu 17/03/05 at 20:48
Regular
Notepad, Flash and Photoshop.
Thu 17/03/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> ... The "all change" page threw up a javascript error though.

Tyla wrote:
> Your JS error is line 149 on that page btw:
>
> if (document.comments_form.email != undefined)

Ah ... should be fixed now (I think). I know zip about Javascript - it was a copied from Movable Type's default templates.
Thu 17/03/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> Bit bland ...

Tyla wrote:
> ... Not to sure about the colour scheme ...

Coin wrote:
> Not amazingly keen on the color scheme ...

Erk. Well, colours are a bad point with me - I'm not colour-blind or anything, just have appallingly bad taste.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.